What new arrows?

Northpark

WKR
Ok so I’ll be shooting these out of a Prime Centergy hybrid set at 70lbs. 29” draw. Can always just shoot Easton FMJs with rage hypodermics or iron wills depends on which critter I’m shooting. But I’m curious what everyone else is shooting. I like heavy hitters for a quiet bow and better penetration. What’s some other good arrow options?

Grizzlystik. I just started shooting the TDT 240s out of a 80# prime CT9, 29”draw, 315gr up front this year. They’re not the straightest arrows you can buy, but they’re tougher than anything I’ve ever shot. And their customer service is better than any company I’ve ever with, inside or outside of the hunting industry.

What kind of weight are you really looking for?

What kind of components?

I'm not big on the skinny arrows, so I like to stay with .244-.246 id shafts.

I'd determine an overall arrow weight that you are looking for, then figure out how to balance that out with point weight, components, and a shaft with a gpi and spine to correctly finish it out.

Really lots of good choices anymore for arrows in my opinion. Just need to decide what you want.

OP
Northpark

Northpark

WKR
What kind of weight are you really looking for?

What kind of components?

I'm not big on the skinny arrows, so I like to stay with .244-.246 id shafts.

I'd determine an overall arrow weight that you are looking for, then figure out how to balance that out with point weight, components, and a shaft with a gpi and spine to correctly finish it out.

Really lots of good choices anymore for arrows in my opinion. Just need to decide what you want.
Good idea. Thinking total arrow weight around 450 grains with a 125gr head up front. I’ve been shooting carbon injexions at 10.1 gpi with 100 gr heads for a total arrow weight of about 430gr. Wanting to get away from the deep six inserts.

Zac

WKR
Really there isn't ever a reason to look any further than the Easton Axis. Coming from an FMJ you probably don't want a shaft that your going to have to nock tune. You'll be able to still enjoy all the same benefits as the FMJ without worrying about durability. With the weight savings you can probably use an Iron Will collar or a lighted nock as well.

Good idea. Thinking total arrow weight around 450 grains with a 125gr head up front. I’ve been shooting carbon injexions at 10.1 gpi with 100 gr heads for a total arrow weight of about 430gr. Wanting to get away from the deep six inserts.

450 shouldn't be difficult to hit at all.

Like I said I prefer a .244-246 insert. So I like the Gold Tip Hunter Pros and Black Eagle Carnivores in .001. The Carnivores being a lighter GPI, probably not as durable tho I don't notice a difference.

I don't think you're going to notice much difference going from 430 to 450 grain, but I can definitely see getting away from deep six.

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
Others have stated similar sentiments already, but I have tried numerous arrows over the years, everything from 4mm , deep six, outserts, to regular sized .246 and in between. I always seem to come full circle and back to Easton axis. I’ve shot the 260 spine with 175 grain total upfront for the last couple of seasons and have been very pleased. It’s a simple setup that works .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also shooting a Centergy, 28.5 at 73 lbs. The bow just seems to love my Black Eagle Rampage setup.

Rampage 300 27 carbon to carbon
Easton X Nock
4 AAE Max Stealth & Wrap
50 Gr Brass Hit
25 Gr Iron Will Collar
s125 Iron Will

Comes out to 485-490, about 16% FOC. I am a tinkerin SOB so I always mess around with my arrows but this bow really loves this setup. I always come back to it.

OP
Northpark

Northpark

WKR
Well I think I’m gonna look at keeping things simple. Easton axis 300, cut to 28”, 4 aae hybrid vanes, brass HIT insert, 125 grain sevr up front. Should put me up around 455gr total arrow weight with about 11% FOC.

Might look for a stainless hit. Overall I don't care for brass as insert material. It's not like it's terribly weak, but I have bent/deformed a fair amount of brass inserts. Haven't used hits enough to recommend anything specific, and the hit system overall might negate the brass anyways as it will load on the front of the shaft instead of the hit anyways. Maybe look at collars.

Reactions: Zac

WCB

WKR
I've shot many many arrows over the years....Last two years I went to the Gold Tip Hunter Pros I see no reason to go anywhere else. You can add weight if you want. I shot FMJs for one year couldn't get rid of them fast enough. Also this is just a personal thing but I am past any micro or thin shaft fad.

Zac

WKR
Might look for a stainless hit. Overall I don't care for brass as insert material. It's not like it's terribly weak, but I have bent/deformed a fair amount of brass inserts. Haven't used hits enough to recommend anything specific, and the hit system overall might negate the brass anyways as it will load on the front of the shaft instead of the hit anyways. Maybe look at collars.
Can't go wrong with Iron Will HITS.