What new arrows?

Dooger

FNG
I’m shooting GT Hunter XT 300’s at 28” with a 50 gr FACT weight and 100 gr tip. 458 grains overall.

Stalker69

WKR
Gold Tip, of course.
Agree, I have went from aluminum, to carbon, carbon light weight, carbon heavy weight, carbon aluminum combo, carbon skinny, carbon micro, back to std carbon. I like gold tip hunters, xt, and pros. Out of all of them I have shot, I hated any thing with the hit inserts the worst. Blew out the side of many shafts.Ended up footing them, but that was a hassle and had to shoot a longer shaft. Std. size Gold tips have proven to be about as durable as they come, for a decent price, and haven’t needed ( nor wished I had) a footer on one in many many years. The fact weight system is great to tune, and try different amounts of tip weight, without have to glue heavy inserts in only to find in a couple months you want to go back to the way they were before, or might want to try heavier, so very easy with the fact weight system.

Zac

WKR
Agree, I have went from aluminum, to carbon, carbon light weight, carbon heavy weight, carbon aluminum combo, carbon skinny, carbon micro, back to std carbon. I like gold tip hunters, xt, and pros. Out of all of them I have shot, I hated any thing with the hit inserts the worst. Blew out the side of many shafts.Ended up footing them, but that was a hassle and had to shoot a longer shaft. Std. size Gold tips have proven to be about as durable as they come, for a decent price, and haven’t needed ( nor wished I had) a footer on one in many many years. The fact weight system is great to tune, and try different amounts of tip weight, without have to glue heavy inserts in only to find in a couple months you want to go back to the way they were before, or might want to try heavier, so very easy with the fact weight system.
Nothing wrong with Gold Tip. The reason I recommend Easton is to skip nock tuning. Yet if you don't mind twisting a nock now and again the Gold Tips are definitely more durable.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Nothing wrong with Gold Tip. The reason I recommend Easton is to skip nock tuning. Yet if you don't mind twisting a nock now and again the Gold Tips are definitely more durable.

I’ve never nock tuned any arrow.

switchback270

Lil-Rokslider
I've been happy with Black Eagle Deep Impacts and Gold TIp Kinetic Kaos. Currently shooting the deep impacts.

OH->CO

FNG
I have worked through about all kinds of arrows. I like the victory VAP TKO for long range accuracy

I haven't seen a carbon arrow yet that won't benefit from nock tuning. I haven't shot a lot of Easton, mostly fatboys. I have played with axis, fmjs, and acc, always drifted away from them for whatever reason.

An aluminum arrow is consistent enough that it won't need nock tuning, the thing Easton has going for them is the spine is supposed to be consistent across a range of arrows no matter when they were made. So buying axis 400's 14 months later the spine should still be very close to what you previously purchased, but they will still likely have a weak spot in the spine, even if it doesn't show on a spine tester. Bareshafts will tell you.

Axis are good arrows. Just I haven't found a carbon that has the consistency of aluminum.

Reactions: Zac

Zkep

FNG
im on an elite ritual 35 also at 29" and #70 and have been pretty happy with the gold tip velocity. They are light enough gpi that I can run a pretty high FOC with inserts, stay around 475-500gn, and have decent enough velocity to shoot 100yd without clearance issues on the sight. I have a dozen of the regular ones for target and a dozen XT that I use for hunting. 2 pass throughs and various missed targets this season (oops) and havent broken or cracked any yet.

cured_ham

WKR
I am shooting a Black 5, 30.5@80 and am gonna rock the Valkyrie system. 540 TAW. 250 Reign with the 180 Jaggers and SS centerpin collars

Zac

WKR
I haven't seen a carbon arrow yet that won't benefit from nock tuning. I haven't shot a lot of Easton, mostly fatboys. I have played with axis, fmjs, and acc, always drifted away from them for whatever reason.

An aluminum arrow is consistent enough that it won't need nock tuning, the thing Easton has going for them is the spine is supposed to be consistent across a range of arrows no matter when they were made. So buying axis 400's 14 months later the spine should still be very close to what you previously purchased, but they will still likely have a weak spot in the spine, even if it doesn't show on a spine tester. Bareshafts will tell you.

Axis are good arrows. Just I haven't found a carbon that has the consistency of aluminum.
I don't disagree. However one thing you may try is actually swapping the nock instead of twisting it. Still experimenting with this method myself.

I don't disagree. However one thing you may try is actually swapping the nock instead of twisting it. Still experimenting with this method myself.

You definitely can get bad nocks. I'd nock tune, if that's not working then switch the nock.

A buddy had a mock that would make whatever arrow it was in shoot 4" low. We couldn't ever figure out why, but it definitely did it. I haven't seen anything that bad other than that one time.

nvkevin

FNG
Good idea. Thinking total arrow weight around 450 grains with a 125gr head up front. I’ve been shooting carbon injexions at 10.1 gpi with 100 gr heads for a total arrow weight of about 430gr. Wanting to get away from the deep six inserts.
I just built a Victory RIP TKO with 125gr tip and 50gr insert (came with the shafts) that is coming in around 465 grains. FOC is about 16.4%. I started with a 4 vane setup with AAE Pro Max straight profile, but I changed a few of the arrows over to a 3 vane setup with the AAE Stealth with a right helical. I haven't shot the 3 vanes yet (just did them yesterday), but the 4 vanes shot well. I'm experimenting, but happy with the performance so far. The 4 vane set up is 464gr and the 3 vane is 469gr (vanes are bigger).

Zac

WKR
You definitely can get bad nocks. I'd nock tune, if that's not working then switch the nock.

A buddy had a mock that would make whatever arrow it was in shoot 4" low. We couldn't ever figure out why, but it definitely did it. I haven't seen anything that bad other than that one time.
I believe it was Jeff Hopkins and Keith Trail that shoot brand new nocks every day of a tournament. Ryles I believe was one of the first to endorse tossing the old nock if you weren't getting a perfect hole.

I believe it was Jeff Hopkins and Keith Trail that shoot brand new nocks every day of a tournament. Ryles I believe was one of the first to endorse tossing the old nock if you weren't getting a perfect hole.

Maybe something to it, but wouldn't surprise me if they got a bonus from Beiter for doing it and that was the motivating factor.

Zac

WKR
Maybe something to it, but wouldn't surprise me if they got a bonus from Beiter for doing it and that was the motivating factor.
Lol of course. Yeah Griv had some really long explanation on it during a Chris Bee cast. Can't remember exactly how he came to that conclusion.

I'm itching to try the new Axis Long Range, but I'm wanting to move away from the Valkyrie stuff. Every other .166 component system sucks.
Deep Six has proven inadequate, and nothing else will stay straight so far as I've heard. Anyone have any proven suggestions? I'm about to get back on my kick of designing something that isn't completely stupid or overpriced because of production methods.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk