What other "Creedmoors" are we likely to see?

OP
Newtosavage
Well, I've been shooting and loading for the 7mm-08 for a few years now, and if there was no benefit to the Creedmoor design for a 7mm, then someone tell me why I went through the trouble to modify the bolt stop and magazine on my Tikka 7mm-08 so I could load 162 ELD-X's to 2.90" to reach the lands? LOL

Sure would be nice to have a chamber that allowed me to load those long 7mm bullets near the lands without cutting into the case capacity, and still fit into all the 2.80" short action magazines out there. If I could drive them to a similar velocity with less powder, that's a plus too.

The same thing that killed the .284 Win is the reason the .260 Rem got replaced by the 6.5 CM. Wrong action length for today's long, high BC bullets.

smithjd

FNG
Have you not heard of the 7.6 Creedmoor?

TauPhi111

WKR
This is interesting,, I've been looking at a suppressed 300blk for a while!
If more muzzle energy with a 150 grain bullet out of a 12" barrel than a 308 18" barrel and 300+ grain subsonic bullets suits your fancy, I suggest you check it out.

tdhanses

WKR
If I remember correctly the ill fated 30 T/C is essentially the 30 Creedmoor.

-- Scott

I bet if they reintroduced/rebranded it to the 300cm it would explode in popularity, something about that creedmore name gets people excited.

Hunting wise, they really need to standardize the 22 Creed and 22 Grendel already before the 22 Nosler and 224 Valkyrie get too much of a foothold. With the advancement of great 22 bullets and understanding of how to properly twist the barrels for them, both the 22 Creed and Grendel make excellent hunting rounds through deer/hog sized game, and can be chambered in a variety of rifles and ARs. They are both exceptional kid friendly rounds as well, but still bet the job done, similar to what the 223 is doing now.