What over the counter medication?

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
Just wondering what is the best over the counter medication to make sure you have in your pack for wilderness pack in hunting. Mainly something to help with soreness which tends to be a problem when packing and hunt several miles each day. For my Alaskan hunt and elevation will not be an issue as I should stay under 3,000 foot.

grfox92

WKR
Ibuprofen and Benadryl as mentioned.

I will only take pain meds while hunting if it's for a headache.

If you are sore in the morning from all the hiking just start moving again and the soreness will subside. That stuff is hell on your liver.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

NSAID: ibuprofen or Aleve. Safe on liver but can stress kidney when taken incorrectly or if one has preexisting kidney disease (avoid in this case).
Antihistamine: benadryl for acute allergic reactions OR Claritin for general allergy relief. I take both in my field pack.
If you get bad allergies: Flonase can help as well as sudafed when you get really congested.

Ibuprofen and Benadryl as mentioned.

I will only take pain meds while hunting if it's for a headache.

If you are sore in the morning from all the hiking just start moving again and the soreness will subside. That stuff is hell on your liver.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
NSAIDS are safe on the liver but can stress the kidneys. However, when taken correctly they are fairly safe.

Tylenol when dose incorrectly can be hard on the liver.

Drenalin

WKR
Ibuprofen and Bendryl as mentioned. I also carry a couple of Aspirin for headaches, and something like Unisom to help make sure I sleep at night.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I carry emergen-C electrolyte powder
I love that stuff........but apparently they discontinued it. I can't find it anywhere anymore, but I still have two boxes. I use a pack of that and a scoop of WA Hydrate & Recover mixed with a bottle of water every day while elk hunting. Then also another 2-3 bottles with just the H&R every day as well.

I keep the usual stuff in my kit......Benadryl, Ibuprofen, Imodium, muscle relaxant, and pain killers. Good timing though, most of those in my kit are probably way past their expiration and time to replace them. They stay in my pack year round.

Okhotnik

WKR
I love that stuff........but apparently they discontinued it. I can't find it anywhere anymore, but I still have two boxes. I use a pack of that and a scoop of WA Hydrate & Recover mixed with a bottle of water every day while elk hunting. Then also another 2-3 bottles with just the H&R every day as well.

I keep the usual stuff in my kit......Benadryl, Ibuprofen, Imodium, muscle relaxant, and pain killers. Good timing though, most of those in my kit are probably way past their expiration and time to replace them. They stay in my pack year round.
I just bought a few cartons of emergency yesterday. Try amazon. I like zippfizz too

Alleve, benedryl, nasal spray like floinase for early season. I also take some prescription pain killers from a prior surgery( always take as little as possible) I didnt use for an emergency like broken ankle etc. I gave a friend a few years ago when he hopped off of his mule and broke his ankle while I hiked out for help. It really helped him . I know Im not a Dr lol

Jbehredt

WKR
Ibuprofen, ibuprofen pm, and Imodium. If I had allergies I’d carry something to address those as well.

*zap*

WKR
I use the regular emergen-c daily. Do/did they make a different kind for dehydration?

Zip-fizz is good and Pedialyte powder is a very good to rehydrate..sublingual B-12 for energy help.

Tylenol pm is my go to for headaches.

Honestly, never thought of adding Imodium. :ROFLMAO:
Looks like quite a few take some.
Ya'll getting diarrhea from camp food or something else?