What Pant for New Mexico archery??

What pant would you guys go with for archery second season New Mexico in the Gila?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jtelarkin08
First lite corrugates. They are light and easily the most comfortable pants I've ever worn

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was thinking about the new obsidian. Any thoughts on those? The main reason is they should be super quiet and that is important to me.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was thinking about the new obsidian. Any thoughts on those? The main reason is they should be super quiet and that is important to me.

I have not tried the obsidians so can not speak to their quietness. The corrugates are not what I would call noisy though.

OP
Jtelarkin08
I have not tried the obsidians so can not speak to their quietness. The corrugates are not what I would call noisy though.

I have tinkered with the Kinabs and I know they are quiet these are replacing those and made of merino. That's why I'm looking at them. I have heard good things about the guide pants tho.

WRO

WKR
Eddie Bauer guide pants, elk don't care if your pants are camo.. you can buy 2 -3 pairs for the cost of one pair of high end camo pants.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DougP

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the Gila last week chasing turkeys. I wore Kanabs the first day, then corrugates the rest of the week and found them more comfortable.

OP
Jtelarkin08
Eddie Bauer guide pants, elk don't care if your pants are camo.. you can buy 2 -3 pairs for the cost of one pair of high end camo pants.

I have two pair actually. That may be a good option

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Eddie Bauer guide pants,

Those were the most uncomfortable pants I've ever tried to put on. Even upsized they were tight tight tight in the thighs (and I'm skinny) and 3" shorter from the top of the waist to the crotch than every other pant I've ever worn. Skinny jeans in tan.

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
New sitka ascent pants are supposed to be the Sh!t. If you want pants on a budget you can look at the Prana Zions. I will be wearing those in Idaho this year, with a base layer underneath for the mornings.

What pant would you guys go with for archery second season New Mexico in the Gila?

it really depends on the temps but here are some choices...if you need more help or want to check our specials feel free to contact us
sitka-ascent, mountain, timberline
first lite-corrugates, kanabs

WRO

WKR
Those were the most uncomfortable pants I've ever tried to put on. Even upsized they were tight tight tight in the thighs (and I'm skinny) and 3" shorter from the top of the waist to the crotch than every other pant I've ever worn. Skinny jeans in tan.
I found the traveks to be tight, but the guide pants I didn't have an issue with.

I actually don't mind the tighter traveks, they don't tend to get hung up on stuff..

New sitka ascent pants are supposed to be the Sh!t. If you want pants on a budget you can look at the Prana Zions. I will be wearing those in Idaho this year, with a base layer underneath for the mornings.

Coach, what is the difference in the older style Ascent pants compared to the new ones? I know they have a new pattern called sub-alpine or something, but the new pattern also comes with a new price tag. I doubt I will spend any more $$ just to get the new ones, since the two pair I have are still like new.

KHNC

WKR
I just bought some Pnuma Tenacity pants to use this fall on antelope and elk. My favorite up to now are the Hells Canyon Speed backcountry pants.

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
Coach, what is the difference in the older style Ascent pants compared to the new ones? I know they have a new pattern called sub-alpine or something, but the new pattern also comes with a new price tag. I doubt I will spend any more $$ just to get the new ones, since the two pair I have are still like new.

PM sent. New ascents are about 1/2 the weight of the old ones. Very durable and breathable. Not just a new camo pattern but a new pant.

Doghed

WKR
I've been in the Gila the past four Septembers. Mornings are quite chilly, but it warms up very fast and stays hot/warm till after shooting light. The hip vents on the Attack pants made me very happy.

JPD350

WKR
I really like the Sitka Mountain pants, they have a little more beef than the Ascent and the big plus is the knee pads, the ground here can be unforgiving, maybe it's just my luck but I'll kneel down and it will be on the only cactus or sharp rock in the near vicinity, the pads also help when kneeling in cold wet grass. The Timberline would also get the nod if I had a pair because of the water resistant butt and knees.

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Sitka Mountain pants, they have a little more beef than the Ascent and the big plus is the knee pads, the ground here can be unforgiving, maybe it's just my luck but I'll kneel down and it will be on the only cactus or sharp rock in the near vicinity, the pads also help when kneeling in cold wet grass. The Timberline would also get the nod if I had a pair because of the water resistant butt and knees.

The new ascents also have a slot in the knees for pads.