What piece of gear do you wish existed?

They did for the earlier generations but quit because they didn’t sell all that many and they weren’t really so great. They worked but not anywhere near as well as a real spotter. I still have one with several adapters that fit a number of SLC and I believe EL’s. Fujinon made one for their binoculars and we tried those a little too. We machined adapters to mate both the Swaro and Fuginon to Zeiss 15x60’s. I sold a fair number of those adapters back then.

I am doing a high country mule deer hunt and was hoping to avoid bringing a spotter. Thats why I am interested in them. I would like to try a pair to see if they are something that would work for me or not.

BBob

WKR
@MallardSX2 Pretty sure it isn't possible to get the old doubler to fit the latest gen SLC's. I think the occular is just too large now. I may dig it out and look at it later. Even if it would you'd have to get adapters made up.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
I’d like a way to use trekking poles and the frame of my pack to make a backrest when glassing. Seems like it would be super easy… done it in the right conditions but falls apart too easy. Zero weight chair…???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought I saw kifaru ad something like this way back? Or maybe I'm wrong?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aaen

Lil-Rokslider

You have to take off your boots but I've been eyeing these
Check out the Baffin ones I've used them down to -30 celisus camping and walking around they have some weird sole on them that grips pretty well in the snow. I rarely leave home.wirhout them in cold weather is it allows me to take my boots off and let the moisture come out.

8c3ab12b2b43e8b0432a574665cf6225.jpg

I’d like a way to use trekking poles and the frame of my pack to make a backrest when glassing. Seems like it would be super easy… done it in the right conditions but falls apart too easy. Zero weight chair…???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have made this set-up several times, poles and bungy, strap,or tape, or are you after something you can carry when assembled? snap and go?

I wish I could find a rigid molded Kydex type case with internal padding to protect larger binoculars in the backpack.
I’ve seen guys vacuum form holsters and sheaths. So why can’t I get hard shell protection for my glass?
I made a soft plastic one, made a foam mold similar in shape and used PlastiKote product for tool handles, version 2 is a work in progress

Check out the Baffin ones I've used them down to -30 celisus camping and walking around they have some weird sole on them that grips pretty well in the snow. I rarely leave home.wirhout them in cold weather is it allows me to take my boots off and let the moisture come out.

8c3ab12b2b43e8b0432a574665cf6225.jpg

Are those sized big enough to use as an over-boot? Taiga Works also makes a down bootie but not an over-boot

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Are those sized big enough to use as an over-boot? Taiga Works also makes a down bootie but not an over-boot
they might work with smaller size feetsies. I have a size 13 ee hobbit the feet, so for me they are more of camp slash lounging around shoe in cold weather

Naiche

FNG
I really need some wide hunting boots. My feet are shaped like a duck. I have been hunting in running shoes for years but its less than optimal with all the seeds and stickers that work their way into the mesh of the running shoe. The one company, new balance, that makes 6e width running shoes has been out of stock for a long time too.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
6E? My god, you likely don't even need snowshoes do ya? Weird but I'd like to see a pic of these monsters as I've never seen feet that wide.

If I had that width I'd be buying multiple pairs at once.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Large Silpoly/Silnylon Camo Poncho- something like 6x9ish. For use as a tarp, blind, and rain jacket.
You want a hole and hood in it like a poncho? Have the back longer than the front to go over a pack?
Any hardware or clips or bungee or ???