What piece of gear do you wish existed?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I meant to add that I cut myself a silpoly piece as a tarp for my floor less tent and use it lots of ways. I keep it quick access in weather. In Colorado, I had it to sit on and wrap over me in the snow and sleet that was on and off as I glassed.

Super handy and lighter than anything else I could find.

The InReach system incorporated into my iPhone with no extra weight or size increase in the phone. I'd get a new phone to replace my 6 yr old iPhone 7 if they had that feature!

The InReach system incorporated into my iPhone with no extra weight or size increase in the phone. I'd get a new phone to replace my 6 yr old iPhone 7 if they had that feature!

giphy.gif

I need this. Badly. I love my inreach but it’s just too many things. I also need this magic phone to have a solar cell on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want a hole and hood in it like a poncho? Have the back longer than the front to go over a pack?
Any hardware or clips or bungee or ???
Hole and hood, back longer than the front. Because it is oversized it would probably also need kam snaps or velcro or a clip system to manage the extra fabric. If someone made an extra wide camo fabric 70” like the xenon sil or rbtr I would give it a shot myself. I’ve got a blue golite poncho that is about right size wise but could stand to be a bit bigger.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This 100%
Thunderbird can add zippers to anything. I have been modifying pants since high school to fit better.

PM if you want to be a test subject. I am working on a pair for myself right now.

Garmin to make gps/rangefinder binos that Bluetooth a pin to your gps after you range something. Range an animal -> instantly drops its location to your Garmin -> now you can stalk without worrying about forgetting exactly where it was.
I feel like garmin does a great job at the gps capabilities game, but I don't know if I'd want Garmin making an optic. I would think that the Leica or Swaro models would integrate with garmins though?

Vail94

FNG
A hub-style pop up blind with an integrated floor. One too many antelope waterhole hunts ruined by a unwelcome rattlesnake.

Peregrine1

WKR
Classified Approved
Pure Fluorite crystal Kowa spotter in 66mm with TE11-WZ eyepiece. If anybody has the ear of the Kowa development team, please advocate for the creation of that product....would be the best backpacking scope known to man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a shotgun for turkey that can throw the pattern of a 12ga, carries like a .410, and has the recoil and report of a .22.

Esse quam videri

Sounds about like my 28g Beretta A400.. I handload 1oz of #9 tss and with a super full turkey choke it'll wack a turkey at 40 yards not problem. I found that if I'm shooting beyond 50 yards, I need to aim higher.. I could also swap in the C plate instead of the D plate for the angle of the buttstock

You may not have to wait long. Apple has been looking at integrating a chip that would allow satellite/emergency messages into their phones. It was rumored to come out in 2021, 2022 may be the year.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I feel like garmin does a great job at the gps capabilities game, but I don't know if I'd want Garmin making an optic. I would think that the Leica or Swaro models would integrate with garmins though?
The new Sig BDX binos have this capability... haven't seen one in the wild yet.

I've also ranged an animal, then gone to OnX and drawn a line the distance ranged and dropped the pin there. Easily drop the pin yards of the spot you were ranging if you also have the sat photo, you can drop it on specific trees or bushes at the right yardage.