What piece of gear do you wish existed?

The new Sig BDX binos have this capability... haven't seen one in the wild yet.

I've also ranged an animal, then gone to OnX and drawn a line the distance ranged and dropped the pin there. Easily drop the pin yards of the spot you were ranging if you also have the sat photo, you can drop it on specific trees or bushes at the right yardage.
The Leica and Swaro range finding binos can do that for you. My understanding is that you range whatever and it locks the gps coordinate for you and will give you your ballistic rifle adjustments

You may not have to wait long. Apple has been looking at integrating a chip that would allow satellite/emergency messages into their phones. It was rumored to come out in 2021, 2022 may be the year.
That’s apple’s only chance to get me to buy another iPhone… that would be pretty sweet though… if they don’t hurry, I’m getting a Samsung soon and going back to android… iPhones are glitchy and fragile (the 12 and 13)

I would probably put up with the glitchy phone if they made a tougher version… and make the tough version smaller, I don’t need a damn laptop in my pocket

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Leica and Swaro range finding binos can do that for you. My understanding is that you range whatever and it locks the gps coordinate for you and will give you your ballistic rifle adjustments
No, they don’t have GPS capabilities. They might have on board ballistic calculators, but not the connection to send out GPS coordinates to a device.

Sig and Vortex are the only ones with Bluetooth to connect outside to devices.

Only the new Sig will give you the GPS coordinates.

1. Reasonably priced camouflage, lightweight , gear. Crazy right?
2. Hip vents on everything.
3. end this “athletic cut “ BS on anything from 2X up. Ironically it’s not the belly area that troubles me.
4. Boots/ waders/ gaiters etc for big calves. My 10.5 shoe has nothing to do with my 20.5” calf.
5. Long wide sleeping bags. I want a hood so quilts are out. This again isn’t the typical “wide” areas. Tried 3 bags recently that were “large”. None of them closed on my shoulders. Super wide everywhere else though?
6. Affordable broadheads.

Bump79

WKR
3. end this “athletic cut “ BS on anything from 2X up. Ironically it’s not the belly area that troubles me.
4. Boots/ waders/ gaiters etc for big calves. My 10.5 shoe has nothing to do with my 20.5” calf.
5. Long wide sleeping bags. I want a hood so quilts are out. This again isn’t the typical “wide” areas. Tried 3 bags recently that were “large”. None of them closed on my shoulders. Super wide everywhere else though?
Some sort of standardization on sizing would be great.

Tons of great affordable broadheads out there though. That market is saturated

Saturated with junk. Everytime I send an arrow it’s $25 im likely throwing away. Of course that’s with the arrow too, but still.

Bird529

FNG
I wish for some sort of way to use trekking poles and the frame of a quality pack to make a chair for the backcountry with about zero weight penalty. Gotta be a way to have the poles stick in the back of the pack for a back rest or something. I’ve tried with my exo and been successful but it takes a ton of effort to get it just right so it doesn’t fall over but is a good angle for leaning back while glassing. Someone smarter than me out there.....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would find this useful also.

43.6N

FNG
Ultra light carbon fiber suppressor.

I seriously don’t know why this isn’t a thing already. It wouldn’t even heat up and cause heat mirage.

43.6N

FNG
Because CF can’t handle high temps, the resin starts to soften

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear you, but what about formula 1 brake rotors made from cf?
Surely there are more temp stable resins out there

sneaky

"DADDY"
I hear you, but what about formula 1 brake rotors made from cf?
Surely there are more temp stable resins out there
Cost is zero issue to Formula 1 teams. How much would you pay for a suppressor made from that grade of carbon fiber? $10k? $25k? $50k? Everything can be had for a price. Same reason you don't see carbon fiber brake rotors even on street legal Supercars. Too expensive even for those.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2 and 3 amen brotha. 4 try APE gaiters his name is Alec pelentsov on facebook and is building custom sized gaiters with good reviews. 5. Try a kifaru slick bag they're pretty damn generous in the sizing, I don't know if there is any bigger.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
I unbelievably, almost no one makes fleece backpacks anymore. I know a western hunter has little use for one, but many whitetail hunters do.

Macintosh

WKR
I wish someone made a tree stand pack that is designed to be carried on your tree stand and has no padding or other things designed for carrying on your back which just adds weight. it needs non padded thin straps just enough to get on your back to climb the tree and that's it. Every quality pack I find weight pounds before you even put the first item in them due to all the fancy straps and padding in the back of them to make them comfortable to carry.
It seems many of the really good ideas on this thread suffer from being very niche--at least in this case there are plenty of tree stand hunters out there and "mobile hunting" is the latest rage, so seems it is "on market" with some potential for sales volume. I've been toying with this same thing, maybe a little different, but I've gone so far as to make some drawings, etc to maybe make one myself.

So far the tree stand packs I have seen marketed for this purpose don't accomplish what I'm looking for--so far all I have seen is packs that have features to deal with a stand or sticks--I'm looking for a bag that is designed from the ground up to fit AROUND a stand and sticks, since it's the STAND that really is the backpack. To me something like this solves two problems--1) securely carrying sticks in a way that doesn't catch on brush, and 2) allowing you to carry all your other gear that securely attaches to the stand for transport in a way that is quiet, contained and as snag-free as possible. Currently the best I've found is a big-ish hip pack that I simply strap around my sticks and bungee in place, but it's not really big enough if I am carrying much warm clothing and I think a dedicated pack purpose-built would work significantly better.

easy to criticize from afar but having used most of the popular systems out there for carrying stand/sticks, I think none are very good. Even the LWCG sticks that attach directly to the stand I think are the worst, because the offsets and steps protrude well-outside the sillouette of the stand and are perfectly positioned outside your shoulders to catch on brush as you duck past. The vertical carry like on the old lone wolf sticks/stand is great until you duck under a low branch, and the steps all catch on the branch above your head--doubly so if the staggered stack of the sticks is angled up to best grab branches or you have the sticks too high! I think this "pack" should double as a way to secure your sticks together and to the stand, as well as carry warm gear and essentials, then come up the tree with you and secure around the tree while in the stand.
My idea came to me while on a canoe trip--I have a canoe bag that folds over a thwart and each side has a separate bag that secures to the other side under the thwart with velcro, and has zippered compartments on both sides that hang down to the floor of the canoe, as well as some external pockets and a cupholder on the side toward you--great place to keep rain gear, sunscreen, food and beves, fishing lures or pliers, etc handy and secure, and it comes off in a second and carries over your shoulder with a strap for portages.
Borrowing from the canoe bag, I think the basis of this pack would be to fold around a set of sticks to hold them together when stacked, and buckle shut to secure them together quietly. This might have an extremely thin layer of padding to cushion the sticks against the stand mainly for sound, but aside from this no padding at all would be needed because it never really touches your body. A zippered bag along the length of either or both sides of the sticks, combined with a few zip/mesh pockets or dividers, could be pretty low-profile and hold your gear and sticks together as one unit--sort of a cylinder in two lengthwise halves, with the sticks sandwiched in the middle. This whole unit would then buckle tightly to the back of the stand and would secure your sticks and your gear to the stand for carrying, while you carry your stand using the standard backpack straps. You get to the tree, take the pack/sticks off, unbuckle the sticks and get rigged to climb, put the stand on to climb as normal and secure the pack and your bow/gun to your haul-line, and head up. When you are rigged, the pack hauls up and then gets strapped around the tree in front of you giving you easy storage and access to your gear. I think perhaps a double-pouch size designed to attach to a stand vertically for 3-step sticks, as well as a version for 2-step sticks that could be attached to the stand horizontally and allow the seat to fold up, would both be useful.