What piece of gear do you wish existed?

StoneyWV

FNG
I wish someone made a tree stand pack that is designed to be carried on your tree stand and has no padding or other things designed for carrying on your back which just adds weight. it needs non padded thin straps just enough to get on your back to climb the tree and that's it. Every quality pack I find weight pounds before you even put the first item in them due to all the fancy straps and padding in the back of them to make them comfortable to carry.

OXN939

WKR
I wish someone made a tree stand pack that is designed to be carried on your tree stand and has no padding or other things designed for carrying on your back which just adds weight. it needs non padded thin straps just enough to get on your back to climb the tree and that's it. Every quality pack I find weight pounds before you even put the first item in them due to all the fancy straps and padding in the back of them to make them comfortable to carry.

I said this somewhere else, but I use an Osprey Daylight in foliage green as my day pack for hunting whitetail. It weighs under a pound, fits some layers, a snack and small accessories, and clips easily to the side of any treestand.

ODB

WKR
I would like a neoprene scope cover that wraps all the way around action/trigger helping to keep ice/sand from entering action.
I made one of these about 10 years ago. Doesn’t cover trigger, just action.

Hunting pants for short guys. like 28" inseam so the side pockets are not at my knees and the articulated knees are in the correct spot.
This^. Kuiu is finally doing 30" length. Wish sitka did more sizes. They are either to tight around the waste and perfect length or good around the waste and baggy like mc hammer pants. Im 5'8" and this happens with most of the newer whitetail gear. The old stuff was fine

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Garmin to make gps/rangefinder binos that Bluetooth a pin to your gps after you range something. Range an animal -> instantly drops its location to your Garmin -> now you can stalk without worrying about forgetting exactly where it was.

They’ve actually been working on this for a while. Just hasn’t been a priority. Haven’t heard of any real products in actual development. But it is on their radar.

woods89

WKR
Make it a zip, not Velcro closure. Bonus if the zip goes up above the bino harness.
I'm with you on the zip.

I'd like to see one made with orange mesh on the back and shoulders transitioning to a lightweight grid fleece on the lower front out of the path of backpack shoulder straps. Ideally the neckline would come really low and have a short zipper so that it sits completely under my bino harness. This would be designed specifically for hiking with a backpack and a bino harness. I want the sides enclosed instead of a stretchy strap like the one I have now for maximum visible orange.

I don't want much, lol.......

Edit- This would be cold weather specific. It would let you add a little core warmth without sweating up a storm under your pack and bino harness. I'd pay $50 for one like this in a heartbeat.

woods89

WKR
I'm with you on the zip.

I'd like to see one made with orange mesh on the back and shoulders transitioning to a lightweight grid fleece on the lower front out of the path of backpack shoulder straps. Ideally the neckline would come really low and have a short zipper so that it sits completely under my bino harness. This would be designed specifically for hiking with a backpack and a bino harness. I want the sides enclosed instead of a stretchy strap like the one I have now for maximum visible orange.

Edit- This would be cold weather specific. It would let you add a little core warmth without sweating up a storm under your pack and bino harness. I'd pay $50 for one like this in a heartbeat.
@pods8

Make a run of 50 and sell them in the Rokslide store! :)

robtattoo

WKR
Micro Doobie. Say; 48"x36"
Is super simple to add extra upper layers in a tree stand, but downright dangerous to try & put on extra pants. Even sitting on the ground or in a hammock seat, a small, well insulated leg blanket with a kangaroo pocket could be freaking awesome!
I usually carry my full size woobie for this, but a half size version that packs down super small would be fantastic.

Doobie Kilt maybe?

mrgreen

WKR
Is super simple to add extra upper layers in a tree stand, but downright dangerous to try & put on extra pants. Even sitting on the ground or in a hammock seat, a small, well insulated leg blanket with a kangaroo pocket could be freaking awesome!
I usually carry my full size woobie for this, but a half size version that packs down super small would be fantastic.

Doobie Kilt maybe?
It's called a "Weebie". Kifaru sometimes makes a few around Christmas. I have one, actually 3- one I bought from Kifaru and two that started as an Arctic Woobie that I had modified by Rainey Pass Repair.
I've added plastic Kam Snaps to them, works just like a Kilt.
...No kangaroo pocket though.

Side note, adding the snaps to a full size Woobie turns into a great sleeping quilt that no longer slides off during the night.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm with you on the zip.

Edit- This would be cold weather specific. It would let you add a little core warmth without sweating up a storm under your pack and bino harness. I'd pay $50 for one like this in a
Is this like a vest to keep warmth but not overheat with a pack on?

woods89

WKR
Is this like a vest to keep warmth but not overheat with a pack on?
Exactly. Seems like, as a person who sweats easily, I hike a lot every winter with uncomfortably few layers to try to keep my back from sweating. I don't know if this would work or whether it would be just overly complicated, though. I'm half tempted to sew one up myself just to experiment. Blaze mesh is easy to find but I haven't found just the right lightweight fleece in blaze yet.

Tanner W

Lil-Rokslider
Something similar to kifaru’s spotting scope pocket but stretchy material and 1/3 of the length, basically a removable water bottle pouch

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Exactly. Seems like, as a person who sweats easily, I hike a lot every winter with uncomfortably few layers to try to keep my back from sweating. I don't know if this would work or whether it would be just overly complicated, though. I'm half tempted to sew one up myself just to experiment. Blaze mesh is easy to find but I haven't found just the right lightweight fleece in blaze yet.
I get the sweating, in 30 degree weather, I start in just a shirt cause if I am moving, I move fast and I will sweat out even a light sweatshirt.

I wonder how many people would actually buy one...

woods89

WKR
I get the sweating, in 30 degree weather, I start in just a shirt cause if I am moving, I move fast and I will sweat out even a light sweatshirt.

I wonder how many people would actually buy one...
Ya, I'm not sure either what kind of demand there would be. I probably just need to make one for myself. It's fun to think about, though.

Doobie Kilt maybe?
I recently asked kifaru during one of the "ask a question" sessions on Instagram if they would consider releasing a smaller sizes woobie for warm weather, kids and pets. They said yes but who knows when that will happen. I would buy two right now, cause it would pack a little better and my daughter and dog can quit stealing mine. Lol

I wish on x showed the time of a specific point in a track that you are recording. More yet a sort of chart to show speed changes, altitude changes of the track recorded. This way you could click a specific portion of your path and see what time that was to better reccollect a specific part of the hike