What piece of gear do you wish existed?

JonS

WKR
It started life as a Costco down blanket, and a few cuts and tassels later it blossomed into my glassing moo moo.

In all seriousness though, it kept me pretty warm on a chill January afternoon. And it packed into its own stuff sack about the size of a 16oz bottle.

And deer were seen, so the stoke was high!!View attachment 247873View attachment 247869
Please share your mods! That looks like a serape at way less cost and I have a few of the costco blankets. Thanks,
Jon

Sadler

WKR
I wish Outdoorsmans would make a version of their panhead that would accept their proprietary mounting plates and an arca rail. Just like the RRS Anvil head does for arca and pic rails. That would really simplify things for me a d I wouldn’t need to use any adapters.

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Garmin to make gps/rangefinder binos that Bluetooth a pin to your gps after you range something. Range an animal -> instantly drops its location to your Garmin -> now you can stalk without worrying about forgetting exactly where it was.
Well looks like swaro just did something similar to this. Not sure if it is GPS-based, though.

jmb1269

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to see some way to produce heat in a tent without running the chance of burning the place down. I mean like a small 2 man pup tent. I tried a UCO candle lantern last year, it was good but there has got to be something better out there.
1 trick i use... I boil 1 or 2 nalgene bottles worth of water and throw them in my sleeping bag 10 minutes or so before I head to bed. Sometimes I will throw them in a sock (so the hot bottle doesn't burn me) and sleep with them in my sleeping bag.... 1 at my feet, 1 by my abdomen. ...surprisingly warm... no melting of tent. Works to help dry out wet gear too (pant legs, socks, and even boots)... so long as you arn't running a down bag.

mapticon

FNG
Not sure what this would look like exactly, but a hunting pack with a built in rifle shooting rest thing. In the frame itself or the pack maybe. To save time repositioning my pack multiple times trying to find the most solid placement of my rifle.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not sure what this would look like exactly, but a hunting pack with a built in rifle shooting rest thing. In the frame itself or the pack maybe. To save time repositioning my pack multiple times trying to find the most solid placement of my rifle.
Here is one solution. If I shoot prone off my pack, tree, rock, fence, etc. its usually off my waxed mini tacky. I lay it legs up if it is on the flat pack. I lay it legs straddling the pack frame if it is standing up.

I am setting up a sponsorship here on Rokslide, so watch for a huge savings code.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Really good tripod/trekking pole combo. Preferably standing
I can't for the life of me remember, but there is a company that makes one. They are an outdoor tripod company. I saw it at SHOT a couple years ago. It would work, but not something that I would have used. If I remember, I will post it up.

Elcy

FNG
The Cabelas bow and rifle pack has one built into it.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
Mystery Ranch has that built into their hunting packs.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
I can't for the life of me remember, but there is a company that makes one. They are an outdoor tripod company. I saw it at SHOT a couple years ago. It would work, but not something that I would have used. If I remember, I will post it up.
Spartan makes one. Expensive though.

Used to exist but I want cabelas to make their gaiter/hiking boot hybrids again. Were the best boots on earth for changing terrain. Have searched high and low for em or even something similar that isn’t $4003A821C72-8A8B-48CC-8809-329E136A17B7.jpeg

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Field Optics Research

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Ankle to hip zippers on all hunting pants for all seasons.
What would be even better is just like an overall setup with zips/etc, that we can just pull over our normal kit to avoid spending a bloody fortune on all this fancy gear. Don't get me wrong I love me some expensive hunting kit, a lot of it is some seriously quality stuff (kuiu, kryptek, etc).

Just be nice to have something like the kryptek overwhites but in their regular patterns on like a mesh. Or something

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Field.optics I believe.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I wish someone made a tree stand pack that is designed to be carried on your tree stand and has no padding or other things designed for carrying on your back which just adds weight. it needs non padded thin straps just enough to get on your back to climb the tree and that's it. Every quality pack I find weight pounds before you even put the first item in them due to all the fancy straps and padding in the back of them to make them comfortable to carry.
What would it look like?