What piece of gear do you wish existed?

I would like a neoprene scope cover that wraps all the way around action/trigger helping to keep ice/sand from entering action.
Salvaged from holey waders. Couple hours of cutting and sewing. Not sure why this idea hasn’t been picked up by somebody yet. Sand, needles and snow in your bolt and magazine can be bad news. Trigger hard to protect without getting crazy big.

Attachments

• 59FFCE33-A5AF-4707-97D0-B0251727D0B9.jpeg
    59FFCE33-A5AF-4707-97D0-B0251727D0B9.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 132

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
We can put a drilling rocket on the moon. So I figure we can make a zipper for any human set of lips who thinks hunting is a great time to talk about shot I don’t care to listen too :) if they start selling those at cabelas imma buy a dam case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
I want a bino harness that does NOT require extra tumor-dongles to hold my range finder, bear spray, etc

- the little open top mesh pockets on the sides of bino harnesses are useless: too small and not secure enough (such as Mystery Ranch and Kuiu, etc)
- the zippered pocket sides are two difficult/noisy to get into (such as AK Guide Gear, Badlands, Eberlestock, etc) also, many of those pockets are too small to hold a rangefinder or a bullet wallet.

Every rangefinder comes with a stupid little case, just make that case PART OF THE BINO HARNESS 😖 Stitch it along the side of the bino case instead of the little mesh pockets. Don't strap it on like an afterthought way out on the side.
On the opposite side of the bino case put a similar magnetic flip top pouch to store an extra magazine or bullet wallet.
On the bottom put molle straps to attach my bear spray (Mystery Ranch actually gets this right)
The wind checker and mouth calls go in a sleeve underneath the main compartment flap.
An internal secure pocket (underneath the binos) holds my Garmin InReach Mini, a minimalist headlamp, a mylar emergency blanket, and a mini bic lighter and pyro gel.

done. no extra pouches that hang under my arm pits or jab my ribs. It would be sleek, light, bushwhacking friendly, and cheaper overall.

This is a joke:
View attachment 265540

such an inefficient use of space and materials.
Yeah that is a tough one. I would like Molle straps on the front of the pouch, my marsupial has it on the bottom, which is where I will attach my bear spray, would really like them on the front to though, wonder if this is something I could get them to add to the pouch and get ride of the pocket.

eoperator

WKR
Salvaged from holey waders. Couple hours of cutting and sewing. Not sure why this idea hasn’t been picked up by somebody yet. Sand, needles and snow in your bolt and magazine can be bad news. Trigger hard to protect without getting crazy big.
Looks good! I emailed several companies years back trying to push them into producing a similar cover. Solo hunter is the only one I have seen, but it is to big/loud/heavy/rigid for me

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That looks great!

I made lightweight versions of Cordura and Dyneema that I will be selling very soon on www.thunderbirdlongrange.com.
20210221_102117.jpg20210220_185918.jpg20210215_135324.jpg20210215_135853.jpg

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks good! I emailed several companies years back trying to push them into producing a similar cover. Solo hunter is the only one I have seen, but it is to big/loud/heavy/rigid for me
Its hard to make a perfect one, but I am working on a packing version and a carry version. Trying different fabrics. Ripstop, Dyneema, Cordura, silpoly, etc.

What are your thoughts?
How would you make it?
20210213_174237.jpg20210213_174539.jpg20210206_151553.jpg20210206_151533.jpg

That looks great!

I made lightweight versions of Cordura and Dyneema that I will be selling very soon on www.thunderbirdlongrange.com.
View attachment 268024View attachment 268025View attachment 268026View attachment 268027
I like the wrap version you got going as it covers the trigger as well! I have a solo hunter rifle cover that does the job for the ol’ pre-64, wood-stocked 270 but the wrap would be the ticket for a scope cover for the stuff I use most often. Quick and quiet to deploy I’d think. Nice.

Attachments

• 86FD1C9E-97BA-4CF6-84D2-D641C6480354.jpeg
    86FD1C9E-97BA-4CF6-84D2-D641C6480354.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 51
Anyone try this out yet? I think im gonna give it a shot. Wonder how much battery it uses..

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I like the wrap version you got going as it covers the trigger as well! I have a solo hunter rifle cover that does the job for the ol’ pre-64, wood-stocked 270 but the wrap would be the ticket for a scope cover for the stuff I use most often. Quick and quiet to deploy I’d think. Nice.
The wraps and rifle covers are up on the website. http://thunderbirdlongrange.com/store.html

As a new sponsor, there is a limited time discount of 30% off orders over $100.00. Its always free shipping on any order.

ROKSLIDE30

yeti14

Lil-Rokslider
I am super interested in this....waiting for more info
Anyone try this out yet? I think im gonna give it a shot. Wonder how much battery it uses..

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
A big enough drone to lift my deer carcass and fly it back to the bed of my pick up 🤣🤣🤣 If it could process the deer for me too, that would be a bonus.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A big enough drone to lift my deer carcass and fly it back to the bed of my pick up 🤣🤣🤣 If it could process the deer for me too, that would be a bonus.
Maybe that can be an Amazon Prime service once they get their delivery drones going!

Durable bow case designed for easy securing on an ATV. In CO (and some other states I believe) any bow must be fully enclosed on an ATV.

Most soft cases offer little protection when other gear is piled on top. Hard cases have poor tiedown points and many are wider than the ATV. When mounted upright every low hanging limb whips and tears at them.

Perfect case would lay flat on front rack, adjustable to protect an array of bows, be narrower than the front rack, usable attachment points, and robust enough to throw a pack/gear on top of without crushing.

Used to be a case that mounted like a Kolpin gun boot but they are no longer made last I looked.

Randall

FNG
A hotseat that doesnt kill my ass sitting on it for hours on end, day after day.