What puffy are you guys using?

ellsworb

Lil-Rokslider
RAB Microlight but It’s getting long in tooth. The new FL Brooks has slightly higher fill power so I think that’ll be my replacement. I’ve been really happy with the warmth of the “ultralight” down puffy.

sneaky

"DADDY"
RAB Microlight but It’s getting long in tooth. The new FL Brooks has slightly higher fill power so I think that’ll be my replacement. I’ve been really happy with the warmth of the “ultralight” down puffy.
That Rab Microlight Summit looks pretty nice. The baffles are woven into the material so there aren't any stitched seams to fail. I just bought a Rab Alpha Freak pullover with the Alpha Direct insulation. I really like that piece. Rab makes some pretty legit gear.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
I was able to pick up a NWT FL Chamberlin for $180 on eBay a few months ago, so that's what I have. May be a bit overkill, but I won't be cold. At the price point I'm not sure what would be a better deal. And if the forecast calls for unusually warm weather, I have a Cirrus and I'll prob get a Brooks to try out.

After trying my first pair of PraNa Zion pants recently it really has me thinking about stepping away from hunting brands and taking a look at stuff from companies that are more mountaineering/backpacking focused. I’m in need of a new jacket after my kuiu puffy got caught on a down limb and ripped a big hole in the sleeve this last season so what would you guys recommend? I love the idea of the lost park parka but would like something lighter. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think FL released a new one for 2019,if I remember correctly it hits availability in June. Looks mid weight and promising?

FatBuddah

WKR
I just picked up a 800 fill North Face Premonition to use this year. Worn it around a bit, fits perfect as an XL (6'3 #230) as the sleeves are plenty long and there is room to go over layers. Big plus is the color being earth toned.

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
I have the KUIU Kenai Ulta Hooded Jacket and the First Lite Uncomphgre Pants. Both are great pieces. The Kenai jacket on really cold/windy days is best used under a wind stopper.

Just picked up the first lite uncompahgre, haven't used it yet but heard great things. I look forward to testing it out soon

PHo

WKR
Just picked up an Arc’teryx Cerium Lt hoody on sale. First impression is that it’s warmer than the Kuiu SD Ultra and a lot quieter as well. Can’t wait to test it out.

rboda

FNG
I have the Gerry someone mentioned above. Great Jacket for the cost and weight. I also use a Sitka down hoody in Ground Forest, Also own the Unprenouncable puffy from Firstlight. All great jackets. For the extreme cold the Sitka is the best its heavier then the rest but it is super warm.

How is the Sitka down hoody in Ground Forest with the wind? Any idea how it compares to the Kelvin WS Down Hoody? I am between these two for long sits in South East. I like the Ground forest better as a pattern but warmth is more important.

Kotaman

WKR
I support brands that support hunting. I love the SG Gruman for a general purpose puffy. Early season I like the First Lite Brooks and late season I love the Sitka Kelvin WS.

Last edited:

Leroy91

FNG
OR Transcendent and Arcteryx Atom AR. Went synthetic for around fire and moisture.

I'm currently using a Rab Electron. It is about perfect for October in the high country for me. For November/winter use, I really need a fully box baffled parka with 9-12 oz of fill.