What puffy are you guys using?

Tagged... looking at changing from my Sitka fleece hoodie to a puffy and rain jacket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBHasler

WKR
OP - i thought original request was recommendations on non-hunting brands that have worked, but I couldn't quite tell from all the responses...I recently found one I like ALOT. Its a 750 fill down hoody from backcountry.com. It's their own actual branded hoody. comes in olive green/black camo, black/grey camo & solids. It replaced an REI 650 fill hoody I had and is considerably warmer, more quiet and still packs down into own chest pocket. They had them on sale from $269 down to $170 a few months ago, but I know run sales often. Highly recommend it

bradb

WKR
I guess pct plus. Full zip, hood, pockets, 3.6 body, 2.5 arms and hood, datk green rip stop for get the weight. Wanted decent durability but still lighter. Also knickers, bit lighter
I guess we will see what i think soon :)

MFS

FNG
Sitka Kelvin Lite Hoody, Sitka Kelvin Down WS Hoody & Kifaru Lost Park Parka. I love my Feathered Friend Sleeping bag and am thinking about picking up one of their puffy jackets.
+1 on the Kelvin Lite Hoody... it’s s little loud but really warm

ozyclint

WKR
I guess pct plus. Full zip, hood, pockets, 3.6 body, 2.5 arms and hood, datk green rip stop for get the weight. Wanted decent durability but still lighter. Also knickers, bit lighter
I guess we will see what i think soon :)
What lace option did you go with on the knickers?

bradb

WKR
What lace option did you go with on the knickers?
Would have to look, but not even sure I told him what to do on it. I didnt' go full zip as I am only 5'7" so the 20 inch zip are almost full anyway ! We had lots of emails and often the addition or changes were in those notes not in the actual order. Kind of like saying which jacket I ordered ...custom! Just so many ways you can change stuff that the actual model might end up like something else.

ozyclint

WKR
the ability to customise appeals to me alot. almost everything hunting gear related gets modified when i get it anyway. usually it's a case of buy what needs the least modification and when i can't find that i make it.

*zap*

WKR
I wanted very warm so I have the WS hoody. GWS outer + 9 oz of insulation. 70% water resistant 750 down and 30% primaloft gold. Expedition fit so it layers over stuff very well, great hood, good interior pockets. For not as cold I have the level 7 parka and the level 7 parka that goes over a pack. Both those parkas have primaloft but not 'gold'...a lesser grade primaloft but they are very affordable and pretty warm...also sized to go over other clothes so I actually wear a large long in them and an xl in the ws. The level 7 parka/pants are pretty good outers and very affordable but I would not want to depend on them when sitting for hours in very cold.
The Kelvin WS is very warm and with the GWS and types of insulation it should be bombproof. I would rather open a zipper to vent than be bundled up and still cold.

Wrench

WKR
I have half a dozen down jackets. I was recently on a road trip and needed a jacket. I walked into a farm store and found a 800fp down jacket by ariat that rivals every high budget one I own.

I paid $60.00 for it. I wish I would have bought a dozen.

NDGuy

WKR
How does one measure warmness of down? I read somewhere people were saying the FL Chamberlain wasn't "warm" for whatever it was rated at.