What rain gear are you all using?

ShootToKIll

Banned
KUIU Chugach for me, love the stuff, 4 way stretch, super breathable / waterproof, and has never failed on me.

Above Timber

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Space Rain from Cabela's as well. You just have to be realistic about your expectations for the product. It is super light but the trade off is it is not super durable. In Colorado it is fine but in the Northwest or Alaska I would want something heavier for sure.

tbone131

Lil-Rokslider
Helly Hansen Impertech for me. Alaska is wet and rubber is great for that, just doesn't breath particularly well. Will keep you dry though. If its not as wet I like Cabela's MT050. Packable and has gore-tex.

Duk Dog

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Kuiu Chugach. Had happily used Cabelas MT050, and still will but not on my backpacking trips - just too bulky and heavy.

Snyd

WKR
I ran TNF Venture Jacket and Pants for a few years until I wore them out. Good stuff. Last year I bought Outdoor Research Revel Jacket and pants. Broke em in on a 10 day, 50+ mile Brooks Range walking sheep hunt. The fabric is kind of stretchy and sort of soft. Not krinkley like most rain gear. Pertex® Shield DS 2.5L, 100% nylon 40D stretch ripstop. I wore it packing sheep for a couple days in the rain in all kinds of terrain. I wore the pants with just a light base layer and they survived shale, rocks and brush. I'm very pleased. The jacket has pit zips that go all the way to the hem. You can drape the front over your pack belt. I happened to run across some green pants in town and ordered the green jacket online.

swat8888

WKR
OR Foray jacket, saw the pants today at REI think I'm gonna pick up a set the charcoal color looks sweet and I like my paclite Jacket. Also run golite Malpais, and Tumalo pants...which they just took my advice...lol and I'm sure many others and released a full zip version. Impertechs used only for ATV type hunts when I'm not walking far.

sk1

WKR
core4element torrent gear this year, seems like good stuff but havent put it to the test yet.

BlackBear

FNG
KUIU Chugach for me. Go read the posts on the KUIU blog about fabrics and cutting weight in ultralight clothing. Nothing better out there.

Stresd

FNG
KUIU Chugach jacket with Yukon Pants. Tested big time for a two week period this year, in The Yukon/Northern BC for sheep. Kept me comfortable and dry. Excellent products!!!

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
River West Vortex 2.0 Packable Rain gear. 100 bucks for the suit breathable and works pretty well.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I also carry Jeff's Elk Mountain Slip System as a Hiking Pole and I can pop that for an umbrella if Im hiking. This has been a valuable piece of gear for me.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Been using both Krptek Koldo and Kuiu Chugach this year. Both are great rain gear for sure!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Kryptek Koldo and Poseidon. Both have performed flawlessly

Thats good news.....I have yet to have any rain gear...Koldo included perform "flawlessly". Some are better than others, but still no holy grail as of yet...

RyanC

WKR
I used Kryptek Poseidon on my 12 day sheep hunt this year and it performed very well. The Koldo is a very good set as well but a bit too heavy for above treeline hunt IMO. I still have the Koldo and will use it if I'm expecting to beat the brush in wet weather just do to durability.

Ryan