What rain gear are you all using?

bowuntr

WKR
On my early season backcountry hunts I use Cabelas Space Rain... Very light but not super tough. It'll get you through any late summer monsoon. For later hunts with expected weather I use Cabelas MT050 and for all hunts in Alaska I use Helly Hanson Impertech. Ed F

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
If I am not expecting too much, I throw in the Golite Ponchotarp.

For serious hiking in Rainy conditions, I still really like the REI Kimtah eVent jacket for breathability.

On my early season backcountry hunts I use Cabelas Space Rain... Very light but not super tough. It'll get you through any late summer monsoon. For later hunts with expected weather I use Cabelas MT050 and for all hunts in Alaska I use Helly Hanson Impertech. Ed F
I also use the cabelas space rain also and the mt050 for later hunts

LitenFast

WKR
Outdoor Research Revel, full side zip vents instead of just pit zips, and pretty stout compared to lots of other lw options. Right around a pound if I remember correctly.

FURMAN

WKR
I just sold my Cloudburst to go with the Chugach. I saved around 10oz by my scale. I feel like the Sitka was better gear with more features but in the end the weight savings will be worth it.

tradair1980

Lil-Rokslider
UA stealt jacket and stormfront light pants .. I'm considering just apcking a poncho for my early season hunt... But I live in oregon so, that keeps ya on your toes

I keep the Cabelas Space rain jacket in my pack all the time. If it is raining when I leave for the morning I wear Russell L5 Cyclone jacket.

Utah Transplant (after ~20 years in Colorado)
In Sitka, I sport some Nimbus pants and a couple of Stormfront Jackets. I also have a couple of the KUIU Chugach Jackets and a pair of the Chugach pants. It is all very nice gear, but the Sitka Nimbus stuff (discontinued) does not breathe well, which is probably why it's disco'd.