What Rear Bag for Hunting?

bowkill02

Lil-Rokslider
Not a bag but a bipod buddy for me. Rock solid and Packs in your back pocket

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Broz

WKR
There will be a light weight and a heavy fill offering. The heavy will be in the 2.5 lbs range, the light will be 12 or so ounces. These are estimates until we weigh the final designs. The reason for the 2 options are simple. The heavy will offer a better platform for a higher recoil rifle. Weight is your friend in long range. But, we realize with smaller less recoil rifles the lighter bag may be sufficient.I expect the first run of a few in a week or two. Then if these pass final inspection more in a week or two after.

Update from LRO:
New Rear Bag for Long Range Hunters with Recoiling Rifles.
I just wanted to update you who are awaiting the new bag we have been working on. So here is where we are.

I have tested at least 6 prototypes with design changes I wanted to explore.

I have tested several materials from ease in set up to stability to coefficient and grip.

I have tested at several different fills from light weight to heavy. We will be offering a light weight and a heavy option.

I have tested different heights to find the best medium for most long range hunting shots.

Testing is complete. I finalized the design. The first run of bags are being produced now. If all works out and these pass inspection, we should have them available in a few weeks. I am excited.

Stay tuned.

Jeff

There will be a light weight and a heavy fill offering. The heavy will be in the 2.5 lbs range, the light will be 12 or so ounces. These are estimates until we weigh the final designs. The reason for the 2 options are simple. The heavy will offer a better platform for a higher recoil rifle. Weight is your friend in long range. But, we realize with smaller less recoil rifles the lighter bag may be sufficient.I expect the first run of a few in a week or two. Then if these pass final inspection more in a week or two after.

Update from LRO:
I just wanted to update you who are awaiting the new bag we have been working on. So here is where we are.

I have tested several materials from ease in set up to stability to coefficient and grip.

I have tested at several different fills from light weight to heavy. We will be offering a light weight and a heavy option.

I have tested different heights to find the best medium for most long range hunting shots.

Testing is complete. I finalized the design. The first run of bags are being produced now. If all works out and these pass inspection, we should have them available in a few weeks. I am excited.

Stay tuned.

Jeff

Cant wait. Ive been holding off on ordering some new bags until I see these!

ofl0926

WKR

Update from LRO:

Stay tuned.

Jeff

I'm eagerly waiting to see what comes out

Last edited:

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
I was using the Rugged Ridge Outdoor system... I like it and have made some 650+ yard shots with it in the field on Coues, however I just tried the Crosstac squeeze bag and really like it. I haven't used in the field but I have been practicing with it on the range. More affordable than the Rugged Ridge and feels a little easier to manipulate under the stock. If you don't have something you like I would try the Crosstac bag first. Good luck!

Kaseman

FNG
This probably isn’t new, but what I have used for a stock bag is one of my military socks filled with “airsoft” beads/ ammo. Light enough to be kept in my drag bag and didn’t soak up water. Down and dirty.. I called it my micrometer

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I use the cross tac in the link above. I took the filling out, and I filled it with rice in a ziploc bag. Going to change to lentils I think, but it’s light, compact, and in an emergency it’s food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 oz on my scale, but I’m planning on cutting some of the strapping off and think I can get it to the true 4oz weight.

Attachments

• 14F8E60B-4A31-4905-90C9-90F31ADEBA32.jpeg
    14F8E60B-4A31-4905-90C9-90F31ADEBA32.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 77

Broz

WKR
Our first run of the bags I designed for long range hunting and magnum rifles ships tomorrow. As soon as I have them and insure the production run passes inspection, I will do a short video on design features, weights and attributes. Watch for news feeds from us soon.