What REI products do you recommend?

Deadeye11

FNG
Hey Everyone!

Stepping foot in my first REI today. Here a lot of people talk about them and some of their products...what products do you recommend?

I'm planning my first archery Elk hunt and will be camping by the truck.

Thanks!
Eric

mtbshark

WKR
I really like their branded light hiking socks. I use them as liner socks.
I also found their gore Tex rain jacket is light and is easy on the pockets ( and they offer a neutral color)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Since REI took their position for more gun control I won't shop there again. To be clear: I will go and try on clothes, gear, etc. But then I go home and order it from Amazon. I do the same at Dick's/Field & Stream stores as well.
Came down from the mountain to the one in Boise (I was in first lite solids and my buddy was in sitka camo) and it was clear we weren't welcome there even from the employees. The local one here is completely opposite though

OP
D

Deadeye11

FNG
Thanks guys! Bought some socks and liked the tent too. Plan on buying it when i go back in a few days

I'm 6'1" 200lbs. and use the I use the Lumen 20 mummy sleeping bag and it has done very well for me.

Mike 338

WKR
I don't recommend anything you don't need. I needed some boots. The pair I got squeaked badly. I took 'em back without any problems whatsoever and got a replacement pair. Very happy. Also picked up a long handled titanium spork. Got some back country skis. Probably didn't need those.

Beendare

WKR
Heck, I live in Liberal Nirvanna, and I was surprised when at the store and I brought up the hunting subject that the folks that work there are receptive to harvesting and processing your own organic meat.

Rei makes and sells some good stuff and their guarantee is the best....if you don't like it, bring it back.

Now if you want to get more specialized- there are better quality specialty options for hunters elsewhere. So say packs, shelters, clothing- if you search this forum you will find good recommendations for all of that. But if you have a coupon...or just want a one stop shop for camping gear....REI is pretty good.

dariian

FNG
I bought a half dome tent and took it on a 5 day back country Idaho elk trip. It was heavier than I’d like but packed down decent and kept up nice during some weather. I since got a smaller lighter shelter but for car camping it’s great. I bought it for it’s easy setup, while everyone else was fumbling with their shelters I was already in my bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a big fan of their position on gun control but I have been a member and shopped there for years. Great for general backpacking gear. Good paddling gear selection. Close out clothing rack is worth a look. Once a year garage sale as well. I tend to go there for basics like camp food, kitchen, cooking type stuff. Bought tents, chairs, sleeping pads and bear spray there in the last year. I also do a lot of Fondling and groping of gear while I am there but I admit I don’t always buys there.