What rests are you using?

muleyman

Lil-Rokslider
What rests are you guys using with the shorter vanes? Drop aways or standard? I'm going to be shooting AAE 2.6 with a strong helical and want to make sure I get plenty of clearance. Any advice would be very helpful as there seems to be an overwhelming number of rests on the market.

pronghorn

FNG
I have used a Limb Driver for the past few years, but am looking for something new this year. It is a nice rest, but does adjust as smoothly as I would like.

B

bearguide

smack down has worked great for me / tightened up my groups

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Ripcord Code Red for me, haven't had any clearance issues with my Blazers...

OR Archer

WKR
Currently shooting a Ripcord Code Red. I want to give the new TT Smackdown Pro a try when they become available.

J-Daddy

WKR
I too shoot the AAE 2.6 vanes "love them"...Pretty much any fall away will work with them, they are not that high profile of a vane..Blazers, Fusions, AAE MaxHunters and all the other 2" high profile vanes like that are alot taller than the 2.6. I've shot the 2.6 vanes through LimbDrivers, LimbDriver Pro-V, TrophyTaker Smackdown FC, Ripcords and probably a few others that I can't remember right off and all have worked fine. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have my new Hamskea Versa Rest in and I'll be shooting the 2.6 vanes through it as soon as my new bow gets here "this week I hope".

ckleeves

WKR
I have a limbdriver pro-v on one of my bows and a regular limb driver on the other.My wife also shoots a pro-v. The TT smackdown pro has been catching my eye though.

J-Daddy

WKR
Knowing how much western hunters like tough gear I'm surprised by the number of guys who like QAD rests...I like the design of the QAD with the lock up feature but I've honestly had more issues with QAD's than any other fall away made. To much plastic on those rests for my taste, I like as much metal as possible on a hunting rest...I was gonna shoot the AAE ProDrop rest this year, love the makeup of it, limb driven, all micro adjust but the launcher on them sucks when it comes to toughness. I've seen way to many of them break to trust one on a hunting bow.

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
Hamskea Versa Rest.

Doesn't matter if I like it limbdriven drop away (bottom or top) cable driven drop away, cable slide drop away or even in static blade mode. One rest can be configured any way your most comfortable with.

Pretty amazing how precision this rest is yet I also feel like I could hook on to a buck with it and use it as a drag hook. Yeah it's that well built.