What scale do you guys use?

armyjoe

Super Moderator
So I'm trying to get a better idea of weight this year and instead of kind of guessing what my pack weighs I want to know for sure.

So what are some of the brands you guys use to weigh your gear. I'm not a crazy gram weeny so I don't need a scale like that though.

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Harbor Freight huh, never would have thought to look there at all. Thanks!

shaun

WKR
I use our food scale I have on the counter at home I thnt it goes up to 10lb so I just go piece by piece and add it up

crumy

WKR
I bought a small scale at walmart for weighing food. It does, pounds, oz, grams. It is digital and does a pretty good job. About the same size as the one mentioned above. Granted for my pack and Large items I use a digitial bathroom scale. Also I record stuff in geargrams.com. It is free and works nicely.

I have a kitchen food scale and a digital fish scale with a hook for soft items like packs. Works great when I get home to weigh meat bags as well. I usually total my pack weight when I get back if possible so I am not talking out my hind end when I say I hauled out a particular weight.

stephen b

WKR
And.....the one from Harbor Freight is what I use also for the small items ( but at up to 11 lbs. it is good for most all things that you would ever put in a pack- and even weighs rifles, as long as it is less than 11 lbs. ;^)

And this is the one I use for total pack wt.,- goes up to 110 lbs.- so is also good if you want to weigh panniers, or load out wt. ( if you are ander 110 lbs :D

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Prec...6989078&sr=8-1&keywords=scale+digital+luggage

The 2 together cost less than $40 and it is the best $40 I have spent to get my weights down. Sometimes it is a real eye opener what different things actually weigh- instead of going just on the eyeball and feel test.

And- what manufactures say something weighs is not always the case.

frans

Lil-Rokslider
Just a personal scale that weighs to within 0.2 kg (about half a pound). Once with and once without pack, some complicated math, and there is my pack weignt.

Frans

Craig4791

WKR
I use a food kitchen scale I got off of Amazon for like 30 bucks. Measures in tenths of ounces up to 17 lbs. works good.

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Damn I'm impressed with the responses. I seriously thought it was going to be a ton of high end mega dollar scales people were using haha. I've been doing some looking on Amazon in the food scale areas for the ones you guys have talked about and they look like what I want but I'm going to harbor freight on Wednesday to check that scale out dotman recommend. Thank God Kifaru doesn't make a $500 scale because I'm sure thats what everyone would have recommend haha

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealGerman