what sights are people using?

Floorguy

WKR
I have been using a try go that came as part of the package that came with my bow, I figured I would use it until it was a limiting factor or until something happened to it. Well something happened to it this last archery season I got it out of its case and the fiber optics had broken on both my 20 and 30 yard pins so I have decided to get a new sight before next season and was wondering what people were shooting and what they would recommend.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
For long distance spot Hogg tommy Hogg. Fixed pins, spot Hogg hunter. They will not break on you.

Lawnboi

WKR
Right now MBG, and I plan on sticking with them. I have used hoggs in the past, and while they are bullet proof and their adjustment is awesome, I find the pins on the MBG more to my liking.

The MBG sights are not as bullet proof as the spott hogg, but there the next best thing IMO. They don't weigh a ton either.

Im replacing an older site on my backup bow this year and am considering a spott hogg hunter, but will most likely go with a 6 pin MBG surge w/ 4in dovetail. I am also looking at CBE but man I cant get over how easy it would be to mess up my pins on them

Cant go wrong with spott hogg or MBG imo

Maxhunter

WKR
HHA Optimizer Lite 5519 Rhetrosat single pin. Been using them in the last 7 seasons. Great sight IMO. Very well built. I also like the Montana Black Gold Ascent but just keep coming back to HHA.

vcb

WKR
Last 5 years has been a spott Hogg 7 pin. Just bought a 5 pin tommy hogg slider for the new bow

Craig4791

WKR
I've been using an HHA single pin 5519 for a few years now but I'm switching to a Spot Hogg Hogg Father 4 pin movable this year.

The HHA is a well built sight and I have never had any problems with it but I want 3rd axis adjustment and the ability to take the shorter shots without adjusting the sight or holding over.

Inclose

FNG
MBG Ascent 3 pins vengeance head 4" dove tail pin brightness is great. I won't be changing any time soon. Great customer service.

OBP

WKR
Spot Hogg Hogg it 7 pin wrapped. Been using it a couple years now and haven't had a reason to change.

Shot SH for years, switched to an Axcel Armortech Pro a couple years ago, like the sight, but their .019 pins are way smaller than the SH .019. I called Axcel the other day to see how much to change it to .029 pins...$65plus shipping both ways. May be going back to a Spot Hogg! LOL