What size tarp

aorams

Lil-Rokslider
Hello,

I am going to buy a tarp for glassing soon, and am trying to determine the right size for two people glassing side by side. Im looking at the Kifaru sheep tarp and the Hilleberg Tarp 10. Any input from those with experience using either?

Thanks!

I have used the sheep tarp from Kifaru for three seasons in the Idaho panhandle. It looks as good as the day I first received it in the mail. It sets up quick and is bombproof to rain and snow. With one person there is room to stretch and keep all your gear out of the weather. Two people could use it, it would just be a little more cramped. My two bits.
Terry

slatty

WKR
I'm curious if anyone has experience glassing out of the seek outside LBO base? I don't own one but thought that would be a super little glassing hideout. $100 more than your sheep tarp though.

Napperm4

WKR
35b3e1320b1305bb3659f5662b39814c.jpg

The base works like a charm. I’m outside taking the picture but the 2 of us fit great under there including the chair zeroes

OP
A

aorams

Lil-Rokslider
Well I hadn’t considered the LBO base, but that’s not a bad idea! It’s true that I can buy two sheep tarps for that price though :). Anyone have a picture of what two people sitting under a sheep tarp looks like? Thanks.

hankharp

FNG
Another option is the Seek Outside DST. Lots of tie out points give a lot of flexibility. Used it a lot as a place to get out of some mountain weather that’s passing through while glassing, or to throw packs under if the glassing is too good while the rain is coming down. 7E06ED5B-235C-4F04-BA95-545D71BFF6E9.jpeg

ljalberta

WKR
I use a 5.5x9 tarp from Borah. I like it. I think for me personally, the ideal size for two people would be a 7x9 or 8x10 size for when the rain is coming down good.

skierhs

WKR
Another vote for the Sheep tarp. I’ve been using it up in north west Montana and around the state. It always comes with me now with how light weight it is and how small it packs. The material is super tough and looks as new as the day I bought it.

OP
A

aorams

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you all! I went ahead and ordered the sheep tarp a couple days ago and it just arrived. I would say it’s perfect for one but two will fit comfortably albeit snuggly.