What Sleeping Bag?

Rkak

FNG
Steep and Cheap has some good down Rab bags on their site and an extra $40 dollars off the already reduced price
https://www.steepandcheap.com/rab-n...gJiBDYW1waW5nIEdlYXI6MToyOTpzYWNDYXQ3MDAwMDAz
Comfort rating of 30 degrees down bag originally $415 on sale for $250

https://www.steepandcheap.com/rab-n...gJiBDYW1waW5nIEdlYXI6MTo0ODpzYWNDYXQ3MDAwMDAz
Comfort rating 23 degrees orig $465 now $285

Only thing is they are a true mummy bag and not the most spacious

*Edit, didn't realize you said 0 degree, I think they have those on steep and cheap too, not sure what is available in long

https://www.steepandcheap.com/rab-n...lYXI6MToyOTpzYWNDYXQ3MDAwMDAz#pdp-tab-reviews

Last edited:

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow! I had no idea that a sleeping could sell for $800. Let me change my criteria a bit. Looking for a good bag for about half that cost.
Had I known this was your criteria, I would not have posted...sorry to have taken your initial query into a zone of unviable options for you....I was truly trying to be helpful with my earlier post.

In all honesty I wish I had purchased my WM Badger when they first came out...it would have saved me at least three times its cost as I went through other bags trying to find the right one. Best to you in your hunting adventures.

Matt G.

WKR
I just picked up a used SG Chilkoot 15 for half. Has good lift and is roomy. Keep an eye out and look at FB forums as well.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

It's hard to beat Western Mountaineering, Feathered Friends, and Valandre for overall quality.......but the Kelty Cosmic Ultra line gets good reviews and uses 800FP Down
ice got 2 cosmic down bags the 20 and the 0 bag both good bags used a lot in AK guiding. the 0 is a bit bulky and heavy for my liking but you will not get cold and should fit a larger guy too. Im 6'4" 190 and theres plenty of room for me length wise and should accommodate a liger frame without too much issue as well. I believe it was around 240 when I bought it. the 20 degree bag is what I generally carry with me sheep guiding anymore its to as warm and you are probably going to get a little cold if you encounter snow but imo thats what puffy layers are for. it isn't a long so it barely fits parameters for me to fit in but, since im watching weight and packable size sheep hunting I deal with it. 95% of the time the bag is just fine. wicks moisture with the treated down and dries quickly when it gets wet. good options in that 200 range.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
Just a note…the Kelty Cosmic line uses 550FP down and the Kelty Cosmic Ultra line uses 800FP down….therefore the Ultra line will weigh less and compress to a smaller size but also cost more.

Q child

WKR
Man, I'm going to need to buy a zero degree bag. This thread reminds me how much I hate shopping for sleeping bags.

WKR
I think I got my WM Alpinlite for 430 a couple years ago. Definitely a good investment.

*zap*

WKR
I have a newer Kodiak and a very old versalite....both are great. I use the old one like a quilt up to warmer temps and the Kodiak is the bomb for down to 0°.

zacattack

WKR
Looking for a lighter weight sleeping bag to fit this criteria

6'2, 240lbs athletic build, would prefer a bag with more room than a standard cut mummy bag.
Zero degree rated
Down
Lightweight, packs well, 4lbs or lighter
You should get that wm kodiak in the classifieds

Htm84

WKR
I stumbled on this over at ebay.
Might be a pretty decent deal.
He has another listing with the same bag just the 6’ size as well.

OP
MTNHUNTER76

MTNHUNTER76

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a used western mountaineering kodiak 0 degree or badger 15 degree, 6'6 long.

Voyageur

WKR
Good luck with your search. You will be well pleased with the WM Kodiak. It is an excellent bag.

Birddog00

FNG
If you end up going with a western mountaineering bag, I bought a WM badger the other day and found it online with a 15% off discount code, I save $98.50 and it was free shipping... also they had a bunch in stock which is hard to find.

Chape1rm

Lil-Rokslider
Theres a long 0 degree slick bag from kifaru on kifaru insiders FB page $375.

I have the 20 and you would have to pry it from my dead hands

Rocsteel

FNG
I own a Western Mountaineering Kodiak which is superb. Feathered Friends Ibis is also a great choice.