What smiths are doing permanent 5/8x24 adapters?

ThatDUDE

WKR
My suppressor have finally come in. I have seen on here several times that guys had "permanent" 5/8x24 adapters added to their barrels. I was wondering what reputable smiths are currently doing this?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Shaen custom rifles, kampfield, adco. LRI could probably do it too.

I got mine downed by Shaen and couldn’t be happier.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It’s worth the money and time. Being able to direct thread 5/8x24 is where it’s at, I’ll never do it any other way.

Attachments

• IMG_5968.jpeg
    IMG_5968.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4850.jpeg
    IMG_4850.jpeg
    663.9 KB · Views: 44
OP
ThatDUDE

ThatDUDE

WKR
It’s worth the money and time. Being able to direct thread 5/8x24 is where it’s at, I’ll never do it any other way.
Thanks for responding. I think your posts are the ones I originally stumbled onto the idea. I will reach out to a couple of those individuals. The last I read Shaen wasn't taking new business.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks for responding. I think your posts are the ones I originally stumbled onto the idea. I will reach out to a couple of those individuals. The last I read Shaen wasn't taking new business.
I heard that too, when I send more barrels out, if Shaen isn’t taking work then I’ll talk to kampfield. His stuff looks pretty slick.

atmat

WKR
Friendly reminder if you already have a threaded barrel: a thread pitch adapter with “permanent” thread locker costs $35 and doesn’t need to be shipped out to a smith.

If you need to send it out to be cut/threaded anyway then go with the above posts.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Friendly reminder if you already have a threaded barrel: a thread pitch adapter with “permanent” thread locker costs $35 and doesn’t need to be shipped out to a smith.

If you need to send it out to be cut/threaded anyway then go with the above posts.
Do you check concentricity to the bore?

I'm asking because I have read mixed things on using these, but am thinking the above will be my approach as the will be cheaper than buying flush mounts with a different thread size. But, a rod to check concentricity negates that savings, but would put another tool at my disposal.

atmat

WKR
Do you check concentricity to the bore?

I'm asking because I have read mixed things on using these, but am thinking the above will be my approach as the will be cheaper than buying flush mounts with a different thread size. But, a rod to check concentricity negates that savings, but would put another tool at my disposal.
I just looked through the bore once and shot it. It works fine. There’s lots of people here with thousands of rounds on theirs.

TaperPin

WKR
My suppressor have finally come in. I have seen on here several times that guys had "permanent" 5/8x24 adapters added to their barrels. I was wondering what reputable smiths are currently doing this?
I like how the shape and finish of the adapters are matched to the barrel - definitely looks good. Does the gunsmith solder them on or just use a high strength thread locker?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I just looked through the bore once and shot it. It works fine. There’s lots of people here with thousands of rounds on theirs.
I keep thinking it cannot be any worse thn using a muzzle device, which stacks an extra bit of tolerances, and it feels like every suppressor company is fine with this. But, then some people act like an adapter that is not installed, then threaded to the bore line is sure to destroy cans.

I can see using an non-custom adapter, then a muzzle device, then attaching a can as being more of an issue.

Anyway, thanks for putting my mind at ease, some red thread locker is in my future. The customer adapters sure look nice, but Tikka's are ugly anyway and just a tool, so I'll put the money saved towards ammo.

I had one of mine done by Karl and the other done by Mountain Meadow Industrial. Here is the one done by MMI.

He can be contacted via the Accurate Shooter forum (Skattergun).IMG-3102.jpg