What spotting scope to buy

I have been hunting goats all my life last year was the first year i had a decent scope my dads vortex razor. i am going to buy 15x56 slc for binos and i want a good spotter to pick apart those bucks way out there. Want to stay under $1000 on the spotting scope. I could buy the same scope that my dad has for $1000 but before i do want to hear from other guys experiences with other optics.

2five7

WKR
Used Razor 85mm is probably the best you'll find in the under 1k category. I've seen them generally go for around 750-850.

The Kowa 66 blows the razor away and I think there’s a used one on here for 850. And it’s les than 3 lbs if you end up packing it.

I am not sure how set you are on the 15x SLC's, but subbing the Meopta (or Cabela's) 15's would save you about $1k for an indistinguishable difference in performance. That would extend your wallet plenty to reach to a used alpha spotter.

OP
B
I am not sure how set you are on the 15x SLC's, but subbing the Meopta (or Cabela's) 15's would save you about $1k for an indistinguishable difference in performance. That would extend your wallet plenty to reach to a used alpha spotter.
Alpha spotter meaning-one of the top brands or is that a brand sorry if thats a dumb?

Jimss

WKR
I'd save up or sell some of your old hunting gear and buy either a used Leica or Swaro scope. As the saying goes buy once cry once. You'll likely want top glass someday! For speed goats you need the best optics available to field judge them!

OP
B
I'd save up or sell some of your old hunting gear and buy either a used Leica or Swaro scope. As the saying goes buy once cry once. You'll likely want top glass someday! For speed goats you need the best optics available to field judge them!
thats why posted on here. Get me thinking thanks for the feedback

I was in a similar boat. I picked up a pair of cabela’s branded meopta 15x56, and they were nothing short of a joy to look through and for awhile I was thinking they could be my only pair of binoculars. They were that good. Even hand holding, I could sort out more detail with them than with my Nikon HG 10x42’s that are also very good. But then I realized, if I have a small and easily accessible spotter like the Kowa 55, that higher power is a bit redundant and sacrifices great FOV of a 10x. Moreover, the animals I am looking for are actually pretty easy to find. If I were looking for more difficult animals, it might be different.

In the end, I returned the 15’s to Cabela’s. They have an awesome return policy ;)

i have always wanted a pair of 15s slc but really i should go with 10x42 im looking into swaro spotters.

brmtn

WKR
I'd vote for a good used 10x and the best spotter you can afford (meopta, kowa, leica, swaro). Unless you plan to primarily use a tripod with the 15x binos. Basically, I agree with akmtnrunner

OP
B
I'd vote for a good used 10x and the best spotter you can afford (meopta, kowa, leica, swaro). Unless you plan to primarily use a tripod with the 15x binos. Basically, I agree with akmtnrunner
i threw it around couldnt pull the trigger. ive rented a swaro scope and 15x56 for the trip. i think im leaning towards a pair of 10x42 slc. i will see how i like the swaro scope.