What stock

Jakeweb09

WKR
Looking for a more long range friendly stock. I can’t really afford the manners and I’d also like to get it a little quicker then that. Been considering the Mesa precision, AG Composites Visigoth and alpine hunter, and the stockys ultralight vg2. What do you all think and recommend? Seems like I could get the stockys the fastest but does it compare in quality? I’ve heard AG is no longer making them? Worth the 8 week waits for the others?

khuber84

WKR
Do you want a straight comb or something with a drop heel? I have a few from manners, ag, and mcmillan. I personally like a straight comb to the butt, not a drop. So an ag alpine or manners eh1, stocky's vg2 would be my preferred style. They're all good, but manners will make you wait 6 months or more for it. The others are 8-10 weeks.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
If you are trying to keep weight down, Mesa Precision is the way to go. Love mine, and got it in 3 days from Red Hawk Rifles.

SEtoNWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
If you have a Rem 700 short action, check out the one I have for sale in the classifieds. Carbon fiber, made by AG composites. Cheap and ready to ship. It is a Stocky's M50 style (modified M40), medium width beaver-tail fore end, double front sling studs, slightly elevated straight comb. Perfect for long-range hunter IMO. I decided I prefer my rifles with a slimmer contour barrel and so I'm getting rid of it.

Aside from the one I have for sale, AG composites makes great stuff.

OP
J

Jakeweb09

WKR
If you are trying to keep weight down, Mesa Precision is the way to go. Love mine, and got it in 3 days from Red Hawk Rifles.

3 days? They’re website currently says 4 weeks. Which is pretty good. I’d like a light weight one but I’m not too concerned with a few ounces extra. Anything under 2lbs is great in my book. The Mesa is extremely light. I just have a hard time doing a lot of shooting in the summer months so I’d like to get it soon to get familiar. It’s for a Christensen ridgeline. So I already know that I’m gonna have to do some filing/Dremel work on it.

OP
J

Jakeweb09

WKR
If you have a Rem 700 short action, check out the one I have for sale in the classifieds. Carbon fiber, made by AG composites. Cheap and ready to ship. It is a Stocky's M50 style (modified M40), medium width beaver-tail fore end, double front sling studs, slightly elevated straight comb. Perfect for long-range hunter IMO. I decided I prefer my rifles with a slimmer contour barrel and so I'm getting rid of it.

Aside from the one I have for sale, AG composites makes great stuff.

I’ve honestly looked at it but not sure it would fit my barrel. It looks like it’ll be a bit narrow right where the contour starts to choke down

SEtoNWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve honestly looked at it but not sure it would fit my barrel. It looks like it’ll be a bit narrow right where the contour starts to choke down

Totally understand. No reason to gamble if it isn't what you want/need. I honestly have no idea what profile the Christensen carbon barrels are... the stock I have is inletted for the Rem varmint contour. If you are interested, I can measure the barrel channel and send you pics. But like I said, if it isn't what you want, no pressure

OP
J

Jakeweb09

WKR
Totally understand. No reason to gamble if it isn't what you want/need. I honestly have no idea what profile the Christensen carbon barrels are... the stock I have is inletted for the Rem varmint contour. If you are interested, I can measure the barrel channel and send you pics. But like I said, if it isn't what you want, no pressure

I don’t know the exact measurements of the barrel but from what I understand is the contour to order is the proof sendero contour..would the mags you have work on a 6.5 creedmoor bullet? I’ve never really considered switching to aics on this rifle..could you pm me the pics? If it fits I’ll consider it for sure! It’s a great deal you got there!

SEtoNWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know the exact measurements of the barrel but from what I understand is the contour to order is the proof sendero contour..would the mags you have work on a 6.5 creedmoor bullet? I’ve never really considered switching to aics on this rifle..could you pm me the pics? If it fits I’ll consider it for sure! It’s a great deal you got there!

Yes, the mags and bottom metal will work on a Creedmoor. I had it set up on a Rem 700 Tac in 6.5 creed and it cycled perfectly. I'll take some picture with calipers to measure barrel channel width and send them to you ASAP. Probably won't get to send pics until tomorrow afternoon based on upcoming schedule though

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved

3 days? They’re website currently says 4 weeks. Which is pretty good. I’d like a light weight one but I’m not too concerned with a few ounces extra. Anything under 2lbs is great in my book. The Mesa is extremely light. I just have a hard time doing a lot of shooting in the summer months so I’d like to get it soon to get familiar. It’s for a Christensen ridgeline. So I already know that I’m gonna have to do some filing/Dremel work on it.
It was in stock when I ordered. 4 weeks isn’t bad, before mine got in stock they had been out for 4-6 months. I have a ridge line in mine. Very little fitting was needed and it has no gaps. You need to Dremel a grove for the bolt release as it sits lower, and I had to shorten my front action/trigger guard screw, that was it.

Attachments

• AA6F081E-4DF1-4DF7-B026-40C48C81E5FF.jpeg
    AA6F081E-4DF1-4DF7-B026-40C48C81E5FF.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 95

archp625

WKR
It was in stock when I ordered. 4 weeks isn’t bad, before mine got in stock they had been out for 4-6 months. I have a ridge line in mine. Very little fitting was needed and it has no gaps. You need to Dremel a grove for the bolt release as it sits lower, and I had to shorten my front action/trigger guard screw, that was it.
That is a sexy rifle. I’m really thinking hard about getting that stock on my ridgeline. My trigger hand just can’t get comfortable on the factory stock.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
That is a sexy rifle. I’m really thinking hard about getting that stock on my ridgeline. My trigger hand just can’t get comfortable on the factory stock.
Agreed. I used the rifle for a year and never really clicked with the original stock. No regrets getting the Mesa, it’s a lot more stock and even comes in at a few ounces under the original. I shoot a bit tighter at 300+ since swapping, just think I can get a more repeatable cheek weld and feels more solid overall.

OP
J

Jakeweb09

WKR

looks good! I have the same scope as well! That’s with the factory bottom metal and mag?