What stone to use?

I was wonder what diamond stone is good to use for sharpening heads. I see the ones that appear to be like honey comb shaped on the surface and others that aren't. Is there a difference really? Thanks

schwaf

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the fallkniven dc4 on field knives for years. I slip a piece of thick leather with compound the same size in the pouch with it. The ceramic side is aggressive enough to reprofile super steels with some time and effort and gives a great toothy edge. Scrub it with soapy water when it gets too loaded up with steel and will last for years. The gold diamond side eventually wears out, but can bring back a very dull and damaged edge back quickly. A small leather strop laid on top is all you need to hone and get a very fine edge. Not too heavy and small and portable profile. Very field and home capable. I sharpened several Ironwill BH's with them, some were very dull and partially damaged. Brought them all back to razor sharp, or serviceable. I've got lots of high end stones and plates at home and use this sharpener the most.