What stresses you out?

Soupie

FNG
Things I CAN control that aren't going the way I want.

I get more stressed about my pool being green than I do anything else thats out of my control, no matter how big or impactful it truly is to my life.

K-22

FNG
Here's what's been doing it for me. Just want to turn my thoughts into words, so...

My twin sister is going through a terribly rocky path in her marriage. I'm her personal counselor right now, it seems.

Trying to keep my mom from losing it, due to the above.

Also trying to help a friend through his divorce.

Just got married a month ago and trying to adapt to living with a female again. It's all good, just getting used to little things that come with it (this one doesn't really stress me, just another big event that has happened recently). Don't get me wrong, I love that woman.

I am way, way, way behind on my usual treestand/food plot prep for whitetail season.

I have way too many projects going on that don't seem to have an end in sight.

Always dealing with my ex wife's BS.

Daughter starting school with all the COVID restrictions (2nd grade).

Work.

I'm too much of a "yes" kind of guy. I never tell anyone no. So I have lots of people asking me for help, all of the time it seems.

Way behind on elk season prep. Need to pack and get the vehicle ready, etc.

On the plus side, I'll be on some mountain in Colorado in 2 weeks.

Shewww, feel better now. Life is good.

What stresses you out?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Stupid people that will not accept proven and documented scientific facts. But, as Larry The Cable Guy, set, “You Can’t Fix Stupid.”

The 2020 election....and our future.
Quit reading the news. Stuff still will (or won't) happen but you won't be worried cause you don't know. If anything happens that you really need to know about, somebody other the the news media will tell you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not a thing.

Stress is for losers.

I guess you've never worried about how to provide for your family after losing a job, or if your wife and baby are going to die after being rushed into emergency c-section, or how a family you love will cope if a wife and mother dies of cancer?

Mt Al

WKR
I havent read this book but it has good reviews, may help some on here that are feeling more stressed than they should be - The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck:

Edit - the recent reviews definitely arent so good, wondering what mob the author pissed off.

Have it, read part of it then list interest because he gets into somewhat/kind of needing to give a F*ck. Meh. Some OK stuff but I think his main success is selling a book based on a noticeable/shocking title - he got some of my money because of it. Respect.... Better advice in this thread: set boundaries, say no, you aren't responsible for everyone else, choose to move on, etc..

peterk123

WKR
Not much. It took me a long time to figure out but if it stresses me out, then I need to resolve the issue. If it stresses me out but I can't do anything about it because it has no direct impact on my life, such as politics, I stop thinking about it. If it stresses me out but I can't do a damn thing about it and it impacts me directly, I just come to grips with it as quickly as possible, accept it. A terminally ill family member is a good example of the last one.

I am a much happier person these days. And way less stressed.