What Suppressor are y’all running

83cj-7

WKR
I have two Surefire suppressors. One in .30 cal and one reflex style 5.56. Both are very quiet but fairly heavy. They primarily are on my varmint rifles because the weight doesn’t bother me and they are very durable to get beat around in trucks and ATVs. I also own a Silencerco Harvester and it’s mostly used on my non-varmint hunting rifles because it is much lighter. It’s the quietest suppressor I have and will get used on my .22-6mm that I just finished.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I have two Surefire suppressors. One in .30 cal and one reflex style 5.56. Both are very quiet but fairly heavy. They primarily are on my varmint rifles because the weight doesn’t bother me and they are very durable to get beat around in trucks and ATVs. I also own a Silencerco Harvester and it’s mostly used on my non-varmint hunting rifles because it is much lighter. It’s the quietest suppressor I have and will get used on my .22-6mm that I just finished.
What gun are you running them on? I pulled the trigger on a nomad L, my complete setup will weigh almost 13lbs.. part of me wishes I would’ve got a lighter can but I was going for the best suppression I could.

83cj-7

WKR
I currently suppress 221 fireball, 5.56, 6x45, 6 TCU, .22-6mm, .243 win and .280 Remington.
The Nomad L weighs about the same as my .30 cal Surefire. It’s great unless you are lugging it up and down hills all day or trying to shoot offhand. A 13lbs rifle is likely going to be mostly a prone rifle.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I currently suppress 221 fireball, 5.56, 6x45, 6 TCU, .22-6mm, .243 win and .280 Remington.
The Nomad L weighs about the same as my .30 cal Surefire. It’s great unless you are lugging it up and down hills all day or trying to shoot offhand. A 13lbs rifle is likely going to be mostly a prone rifle.
There will definitely be no offhand shooting with that gun but I plan on using it mostly off a high rack and and thinking about sellin my vortex tripod to get something that’ll hold the weight. Most places I hunt the grass is to tall to go prone.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
Thunderbeast 223CB. I’d like to send it in for a recore to the Ultra, but not sure I want to drop the coin.
That’s a pretty sweet little deal they have to save you the time of paperwork and some $ on a new one. Dead air released the nomad LT which is the titanium version about 2 weeks after I finally pulled the trigger. I wish I could’ve gone that route would’ve shaved 6oz off and for not much more $.

I'm running a crux ark30, been really happy with the can up until I read about them going out of business and there being some failures. Just needed to vent a little since this definately isn't a recommendation lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I'm running a crux ark30, been really happy with the can up until I read about them going out of business and there being some failures. Just needed to vent a little since this definately isn't a recommendation lol

I had to vent about my situation as well lol

I had to vent about my situation as well lol
Have you had any issues with yours? I haven't but im wanting to pit it on an ar pistol right now but im worried that will do it in. I've put atleast 1k rounds through mine from 7mm08 to 300 blackout with no issues but it primarily stays on my hunting rifle where im sure it would last a lifetime.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
Have you had any issues with yours? I haven't but im wanting to pit it on an ar pistol right now but im worried that will do it in. I've put atleast 1k rounds through mine from 7mm08 to 300 blackout with no issues but it primarily stays on my hunting rifle where im sure it would last a lifetime.

I don’t have the crux, I was venting about dead air coming out with a titanium version 2 weeks after I bought my steel one

Bbell12

WKR
I also run a deadair suppressor, the Sandman Ti. It's also heavy but man it suppresses better than any of the other suppressors I've had a chance to compare it to and it's very rugged; I love it.

I wouldn't be disappointed with buying the Nomad at all. Deadair is a great company backed with an even better warranty. And if you're looking for a lightweight setup (like a mountain rifle), you may not want to run a suppressor at all.

Curtass

FNG
I have been running a SilencerCo Omega .30. It is fairly light. It gets put on my 6.5CM, 300blk and 300WM. Really happy with it and have a couple thousand rounds through it with no issues.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I just picked up my Rugged Radiant762 and plan to use it on a .223, .243, and 6.5-06 AI. So far I have only used it on the .243 for a few shots. I'm still waiting for a couple more adapters for the other two.

30d022012abcb9570eeba312bbf25633.jpg

I have been running a SilencerCo Omega .30. It is fairly light. It gets put on my 6.5CM, 300blk and 300WM. Really happy with it and have a couple thousand rounds through it with no issues.
I’ve been looking at the Omega 30 as well. Good to see that you’ve had a good experience with that many rounds through it.

Any advice if I pull the trigger?

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a Banish 30 and Lane Scorpion 556. Both sound about the same but if I could do it all over again the scorpion would be titanium or I would go with another ti 30 cal. The weight of all stainless is obnoxious.71A7C6EA-6D0F-40AD-86B6-866E114ECE5D.jpeg

Last edited: