What sz serving for soft nocks n peep

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
New to doing my own bows. Picked up some 3D not sure what the dia is, doesn't say it on it. Want to buy Halo and 62xs what dia should I buy for soft nocks n peeps? Thnx

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
So my 3D is .016 so Halo at .014 is fine. I see Halo at .007 n Powergrip at .009 is that too thin? If so what's it used for? The Halo .007 is 40 bucks. Thnx again!

For tying in nocks or perps I don't think it will matter.

The purpose of the different serving diameter is to control the thickness of served end loops and center serving.

You might get a little more bite with thicker se bing for things like tying in a peep, but I don't know, haven't tested it. Don't think it will matter.

Like I said, I generally feel like .018 is usually a standard for center serving, but it depends on the string material and count.

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
For tying in nocks or perps I don't think it will matter.

The purpose of the different serving diameter is to control the thickness of served end loops and center serving.

You might get a little more bite with thicker se bing for things like tying in a peep, but I don't know, haven't tested it. Don't think it will matter.

Like I said, I generally feel like .018 is usually a standard for center serving, but it depends on the string
Got it, I understand the center serving sz and using what gives u your best nock fit. So serving nocks n peeps is just use what u like best kinda thing. Thinner is more expensive as it cost more to make correct? Hence the 40 bucks for the Halo .007.

Got it, I understand the center serving sz and using what gives u your best nock fit. So serving nocks n peeps is just use what u like best kinda thing. Thinner is more expensive as it cost more to make correct? Hence the 40 bucks for the Halo .007.

I got no idea what it costs to make. Wouldn't surprise me if they cost the same, but demand is lowest on the thinnest so they raise cost to make it worthwhile.

I have started using BCY-X material to tie in nock sets, mostly to be able to make them smaller and maybe cut down on string torque. It’s a lot thinner than any other serving material I’ve used and seems to work okay so far. I am anxious to see how it holds up after several hundred shots. I’ve tried using Dacron material (B50 or B55) and it just doesn’t burn down as well.

Normally, I use 3D serving. Peep sights I use whatever serving is closest to me at the time.

I use 3d for nock sets and tying in peeps.

John Dudley does a video on both, and he uses 3d. I figure he knows more then me, so I just did what he did.

ncavi8tor

WKR
BCY 3D is all I use these days. Run it over some bees wax to make it cinch up a little tighter.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk