What the heck do I do with a goose?

mstei4

Lil-Rokslider
Salt, pepper, garlic powder and cooked like you would a steak. At least for the breast no need to do anything else

Lfkfam

FNG
one easier recipe I use is to cut the breasts into strips. Add to the crock pot with bbq sauce or taco seasoning ( and water ) and shred the meat after about 4 hours. Let cook another 2. Cant beat it!

My favourite recipe is to beat it thin with a meat mallet (or an 1 1/8 wrench if you dont have a meat mallet) till it is about 1/2 inch thick. Salt Pepper. Then bread in flour, egg, then shake and bake. Heat half an inch of oil in your cast iron and shallow fry till its medium rare. it usually still has blood coming through the breading but hot damn. So good.

Bro-sada

FNG
Treavor from Born and Raised Outdoors has a you tube video on an awesome way to cook goose. I have attached the link below.

I have hunted geese for going on 30 years and they are awesome to eat. Here are a few insane recipes that will have you taking other people's geese.

Pagi Pagi- Quick, easy and it will disappear ASAP
4-6 goose breasts
1 tbsp pepper
2 tbsp chopped onion
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp soy sauce

Cut goose into 1/2-1/2 strips, mix ingredients and marinate 1-2 days. Place on hot grill and cook 4-5 minutes.

Havoc goose Pastrami-

This recipe is INSANE. I have brought it to more parties and people are AMAZED when I tell them its goose. You will not be able to make it fast enough. Pair it with some cheese and spicy mustard and blow people away.

• 1 gallon distilled water
  • 5 pounds goose breasts
  • 1 cup tender quick (a type of curing salt from Morton’s)
  • ¾ cup of sugar
  • 3-4 cloves fresh garlic smashed
  • 3 tablespoons coriander
  • 3 tablespoons peppercorn
  • 3 tablespoons pickling spice
  • 4-5 bay leaves
Take the coriander, peppercorn and pickling spice and place in a plastic bag and break it down. A meat tenderizer or rolling pin will do the job. Add all of the ingredients to the gallon of water and slowly simmer for 20-30 minutes. Let cool and pour the entire mixture over the goose and refrigerate for 7-10 days (10 days is my preference).

Remove goose and pat dry. Lightly coat the goose with a mixture of black pepper, sea salt, coriander and pickling spice.

Fire up the smoker with either apple or alder wood. Get the wood smoking and then decrease the heat to 150-160 degrees and smoke for 3-4 hours. You want to reach an internal temp of 140 degrees. Slice the finished product thin with a sharp knife and enjoy.
I was looking for a recipe just for doing this thank you.

*zap*

WKR
one or two breasts in crock pot with a can of cream of mushroom soup for 8-10 hrs on low and you will think your eating pot roast...

huck

Lil-Rokslider
I soak breasts and legs in salt water 2 or 3 days rinse ,then soak in thousand island dressing 2 or 3 days ,wrap in a piece or 2 of bacon ,babecue until med. rare at most . Pretty good ,dont taste nuthin like goose .

ccc9092

FNG
I really enjoy using the breast in gumbo. Make a huge batch and freeze the leftovers to eat throughout the winter.

Felton

WKR
Cut the breast into nuggets, buttermilk them over night to help tenderize, dredge them in your favorite fry batter and deep fry them just like everything else in the south is cooked.

Cut into nuggets and soak in Franks hot sauce. Batter with flour and fry. Make sure medium inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite goose recipe is:
Goose Breasts
Onions halved
Lemons halved
Favorite poultry seasoning
Old pair of leather boots.

Stuff Goose breasts, onions, lemons inside the boots. Sprinkle with seasoning. Place in oven for 2 hours at 350. Remove. Place goose breasts in trash and the eat boots.