what the heck is going on with Kifaru?

Over the years I've been a huge Kifaru supporter, don't know how many of there packs I've owned. Over this summer I have placed several orders and all have been shipped before their shipping date. Today I attempted to call and inquire about an order I placed June 11 and was supposed to be shipped by July 17. I tried both number and all I can get is a call center! They refer you to a phone directry but then ask to put the first three numbers of the name of the person you want to contact. How in the heck do I know who works in the order department. What the hell happened to their great customer service where you could call and actually talk to a person? Yes you can submit an online form. But this is not what I am used to or expecting from a company that has the reputation as the best customer service.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
Let me just make sure I'm understanding....you called them one time, couldn't get a live person, and are now saying their CS is going to hell? Am I understanding your issue correctly?
If this is correct it goes on to prove that you can do something correctly 99% of the time and all people really care about is the 1% of time you got it wrong.

its probably something simple, id just call back later. I ordered a couple things from them last week and one of the items showed up this Saturday.

bsnedeker

WKR
part of the reason I personally buy a kifaru product is warranty, made in the usa and customer service. I am just disappointed I guess.
I must be missing something. It sounds like because you made one phone call that was forwarded to an automated system that you are drawing the conclusion that they don't care about customer service...despite them shipping "several orders" that have exceeded your shipping expectations this summer.

Maybe try calling them again, or giving them an opportunity to respond to your email? Just a thought.

I must be missing something. It sounds like because you made one phone call that was forwarded to an automated system that you are drawing the conclusion that they don't care about customer service...despite them shipping "several orders" that have exceeded your shipping expectations this summer.

Maybe try calling them again, or giving them an opportunity to respond to your email? Just a thought.
Exactly !!

OP
G
am not trying to be a radical on here or anywhere else. I have probably owned over a dozen Kifaru packs and several shelters and at least 4 slick bags over the years. I love their product, but i do not like a call center where yoyu cant get a live person. If you think I am kidding before you respond on here try to call them. I have tried several times used both numbers on the website and you get a call center recording and you cant forward it to anywhere without knowing the name of the person in that department to contact. I just as a reference just called Stone Glacier and right off the bat got a real person. My comment is that this is not what I would expect from KIfaru

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I found out a while back once you get a recorded message, just press 0, most of the time I get a live person. A person that doesn't speak or understand the English language very well but with a little patience you can generally get somewhere.

bsnedeker

WKR
am not trying to be a radical on here or anywhere else. I have probably owned over a dozen Kifaru packs and several shelters and at least 4 slick bags over the years. I love their product, but i do not like a call center where yoyu cant get a live person. If you think I am kidding before you respond on here try to call them. I have tried several times used both numbers on the website and you get a call center recording and you cant forward it to anywhere without knowing the name of the person in that department to contact. I just as a reference just called Stone Glacier and right off the bat got a real person. My comment is that this is not what I would expect from KIfaru
I mean, if I were you I would sell all of my Kifaru gear and never order from them again. Sounds like Stone Glacier is a better option for you.

I'm giving most businesses the benefit of the doubt right now. We ordered from our favorite local restaurant last night and it was terrible. I threw a little tantrum and my wife pointed out they had a sign on their door stating they're closed 2 days a week because they can't find help. If they can't find help during the week, I'm sure finding a decent cook on a Sunday night is an uphill battle. I'll give em another chance.

It's possible the same staffing challenges apply to Kifaru as it seems like every where I have been the last several months is the same story. I would give them the benefit of the doubt, or at least provide them an opportunity to explain. And I don't even own kifaru gear so I'm far from a fan boy.....

Outlaw99

WKR
Aaron publicly has made his phone number available….he owns and runs the show….I don’t know how much more “personable” you can ask for… also, I’ve always received prompt email responses when contacting them. Maybe exhaust those outlets before bringing your concerns to a public hunting forum..

The 17th is a weekend, maybe it shipped or didn't ship, it will get updated. If you are in a rush, don't order hunting gear last minute in this climate, doesn't matter who the company is

As a company we forward all calls to when we are in a company wide meeting, all hands type meeting.

we also do it if we where short staffed during Covid fall outs.

I wouldn’t be to critical, I image the answer for Kifaru isn’t to far off.

CorbLand

WKR
I just called them and someone answered on the second ring.

Monday mornings are a good time for most places to do staff meetings or I don't know, maybe the person that answers the phones was on the phone with someone else, or taking a piss or taking care of their other 15 responsibilities.

Last edited: