What the hell!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have elk and deer mounts in are entryway and basement. Try as I might I have never been able to put an animal in "her" living room. The other day she sends me a picture and says "I want this in my living room"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366749851.373226.jpg

I give up!

sk1

WKR
haha

im lucky my wife hunts, my deer on one wall, her turkey fan and beards on another, and a spot awaiting for a nice elk one of these days.....in fact the whole house is decorated by her in an outdoor theme....bears, fishing, camping, pine stuff, ducks, outdoor signs......no pink deer, yet.

LMAO !!! You know what, my sister did the same thing. Those fake heads are taking off like wild fire and big money too !!! Million Dollar homes have them all over the house....dang that is funny

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am at a loss for words. But wow is that thing ugly! Sorry Ryan....

Think she would compromise on actual taxidermy in the living room if they included more pink? You could do a lot with "accessories"...not that i have any issue with mounts in our house, but the grizzly bear rug on our bedroom wall has been sporting a tiara for several years now.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You should see if she will let you attach it to the front of the 3d deer target......

DWarcher

WKR
LMAO !!! You know what, my sister did the same thing. Those fake heads are taking off like wild fire and big money too !!! Million Dollar homes have them all over the house....dang that is funny

There are literally antlers in every current interior decorating magzine right now...that's the first pink one I've seen though.

tstowater

WKR
Too funny. My wife wants to move if we can find the right house. The only two requirements for her is that we don't go backwards from what we have now and, second, that somewhere we have high enough ceiling for the elk mounts. That's it and that presents a big problem as we can pretty much eliminate 95% of the houses in our town with those requirements. In the meantime, I keep shooting more animals and she gets more worried about where we are going to put them.

Ryan, at least she lets you hunt. I think you need to call her bluff.:cool:

Shrek

WKR
There are literally antlers in every current interior decorating magzine right now...that's the first pink one I've seen though.

Yep , I dropped two 8pts ( 4×4 for you westerners ) off at the taxidermist for my doctor to have mounted so he could decorate his office with them. I just couldn't imagine putting someone else's mounts on my walll but whatever floats their boat.

Mike7

WKR
Let it happen Ryan, it's a process, trust me. First, a pink deer, then an antler, then a European mount, and then a full mount some day. :)

At first my wife wouldn't let anything in the house, but without prompting she has slowly warmed up. I'm not sure I will live long enough to ever see fur in the living room, that would be blasphemy, but there are antler decorations in the living room now and European mounts have been allowed in other rooms of the house. She even asked my son to make a shed antler chandelier for her recently...I seriously thought she was kidding at first.