What thermal scope do you run?

What about ATN products? Specifically their scopes. Any pros/cons on the Thor or Thor LT? What magnification do you actually use at night?
friends don't let friends buy anything ATN, they are super glitchy and theirs a million refurbished units for sale for a reason. Magnification depends on the type of hunting, hog hunting over feeders or coyote hunting open country? Just remember each time you zoom you lose half your resolution. For example, it doesn't really make sense to buy a 640 scope that's base mag is 2 power if your hunting big open country and you will always be zooming or shooting at 2x zoom then you have 320 resolution scope but paid for a 640 unit.

B23

WKR
Best I can gather from the near nonstop reading about these things I've been doing the last few days :) it sounds like the N-Vision Halo series has the highest quality picture image. That's not to say the other 640's like the Super Yoter and iRay Rico aren't still very good but from what I can read nobody really disputes the Halo having the best or highest quality image.

The four thousand plus dollar question seems to be is the N-Vision Halo $4000+ better image than the other two.....

YBPS

WKR
friends don't let friends buy anything ATN, they are super glitchy and theirs a million refurbished units for sale for a reason. Magnification depends on the type of hunting, hog hunting over feeders or coyote hunting open country? Just remember each time you zoom you lose half your resolution. For example, it doesn't really make sense to buy a 640 scope that's base mag is 2 power if your hunting big open country and you will always be zooming or shooting at 2x zoom then you have 320 resolution scope but paid for a 640 unit.
Thanks for the response. Coyote hunting in mostly open county. What would you recommend in the 3-4K budget range?

Thanks for the response. Coyote hunting in mostly open county. What would you recommend in the 3-4K budget range?
A ton a good options in that price range. Is that your total budget? Like I've said in previous post I firmly believe that it is more important to have good scanner than a scope because you will spend 95% of your time hunting looking through scanner and maybe 5% looking through scope. If that was your budget just on scope you could pick up the bering optics super hogster, AGM Varmit LRF TS50-384, AGM Rattler TS35-640, AGM Varmit LRF TS50-384, Pulsar thermion 2 XQ50. Best bet would be to give a reputable dealer a call and they will walk you through the whole process and recommend what scope would be your best bang for your buck in the conditions you will be hunting.

Call Jason Robertson @ 1-877-350-1818
They also have a great youtube channel with in-depth reviews on most NV & thermal scopes on the market

Reactions: WCB

B23

WKR
Is there much benefit in using a binocular thermal like the NVision ATLAS versus the monocular type like the Phenom?

I understand there's a pretty big price difference between those two but at first glance I'd think the binocular type would be more comfortable to use.

Is there much benefit in using a binocular thermal like the NVision ATLAS versus the monocular type like the Phenom?

I understand there's a pretty big price difference between those two but at first glance I'd think the binocular type would be more comfortable to use.
I have no experience with any binocular type thermal. I have had my eye on the pulsar accolade 2 LRF XP50 PRO but they are a little out of my price range right now. Personally, the monocular is hard on my eyes so I'm constantly changing which eye I use. Hopefully down the road AGM or Bering may bring a more affordable one to the market and if that happens, I will be first in line to buy.

I’ve never used the bino’s either. I would assume it’s more comfortable. Occasionally while scanning I find myself with both eyes open while using the monocular. I only use 1 eye for scanning. I’ve never had to change back and forth.

I think an eye patch over the off eye would work well if a person had issues using a monocular.

Tannerb80

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know how image quality compares from say MH25 to a Nvision Halo. I currently have a Pulsar Trail XP38 and a Wraith. I mostly use my thermals to shoot axis deer at night. They work great when the bucks are in velvet, but it’s challenging to see their hard horns with the pulsar. Therefore I have to walk around with two 12lb rifles and a tripod to hunt hard horn and velvet bucks.

Im thinking about upgrading to the Nvision Halo, in hope that the slightly higher image quality will be able to pickup hard horns. However, I would also enjoy a MH25 paired with my Pulsar. Would the MH25 be an upgrade to my trail XP38? The videos don’t look that way

Tannerb80

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know how image quality compares from say MH25 to a Nvision Halo. I currently have a Pulsar Trail XP38 and a Wraith. I mostly use my thermals to shoot axis deer at night. They work great when the bucks are in velvet, but it’s challenging to see their hard horns with the pulsar. Therefore I have to walk around with two 12lb rifles and a tripod to hunt hard horn and velvet bucks.

Im thinking about upgrading to the Nvision Halo, in hope that the slightly higher image quality will be able to pickup hard horns. However, I would also enjoy a MH25 paired with my Pulsar. Would the MH25 be an upgrade to my trail XP38? The videos don’t look that way
Here’s a hard horned example out of my Trail XP 38

Attachments

• 2DE713DE-482B-49D3-92DD-AB3DD51A8A26.jpeg
    2DE713DE-482B-49D3-92DD-AB3DD51A8A26.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 35

Split toe

WKR

Nothing really compares to the Nvision