What tires are you running?

Not happy with longevity of BFG KO2 tires. Looking for alternatives in a 10 ply that work well on trails, but don't wear so fast.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PNWGATOR

WKR
I’m running Duratracks and will not buy another set. They do great traction wise on the pavement, wet, dry or snowy and on forest service and logging roads. That said, not happy with the sidewall durability. Next set of tires are going to be Cooper ST Maxx or STT Pro.

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
I'm about 5k miles in on the new Cooper AT3 XLT on my Land Cruiser. Hands down best tire I've ever driven in the snow, been great on dirt roads, extremely quiet for an aggressive tread tire. Zero complaints from me so far. The 60k treadwear warranty helps too.

Felix40

WKR
Those coopers are much better than the KOs off road. They do good in snow, mud, or sand. I dont know how they compare for tread life because I havent had each tire on the same truck in the same conditions for the full tire life.

gjk5

FNG
On current truck have run the Nitto Mud Grapplers, the Cooper STT Pro's and now the Toyo Open Country RT (all in 35ish) and they have all performed well off road, Nitto only got 17K miles, Coopers got I think 22K, Toyos will probably run longest but still not hit wear guarantee. Overall I liked the Coopers the best on this truck (RAM 3500 Crew) and the Duratracs on previous Dmax were great but I like sticking with factory wheels....

Bottom line is the Coopers seem to get great reviews on half tons and smaller but when you get into the 2500/3500 they eat all of them alive in short time.

Agross

WKR
Cooper st maxx. Have about 45 thousand miles on this set and have another ten thousand left I would guess. My next set is already downstairs waiting for this set to wear out. Couldn't pass up the deal I got on em . Really have been good tires. Couple buddies have bought them as well and have been very happy.

I have been running Toyo ATII for the past 3 years driving through snow mud and everything else i can think of haven't had an issue so for and wear seems to be good so far

Rs3003

WKR
I recently put Mastercraft Courser ATX they are a 10 ply. They are made by Cooper. In same factory. A little cheaper also. I bought them on Amazon and saved about $150 after mounting and balance. So far they are good.

WRO

WKR
I'm running the stt maxx, so far so good..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
My nitto ridge grapplers 35x12.50x18's have 30,000 miles with another 20000 +/- left on them. They have been my favorite tire so far.

JoMa

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Cooper ST Maxx. They are relatively quiet and seem to do well in most conditions, except packed snow.

lcxctf2000

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Cooper Discoverer ATW's. Hands down best tires I have used in snow. Good ride and relatively quiet for an AT tire on the highway.

I am running 235/85-16's on a Tacoma double cab.

NW307

Lil-Rokslider
I experienced rapid tread wear on bfg's too. I switched over to hankook dynapro LTs on my 1 ton and can't believe how much better they wear. I don't push my big truck hard enough off road to notice a difference in traction but there's no comparison in tread life, in my experience.