What tires are you running?

nrh6.7

WKR
I had two sets of 10 ply KO2's on my F250 before switching to Cooper STT Pros and am so far really happy. Excellent off road tire and not at all noisy like a traditional mud tire. The BFG's were good on road and in snow and rain but they are not near the tire in mud as the STT Pro. Not sure about the above poster but I've heard the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks get good life out of them.

OP
silverbullet555
^^^ good life out of which ones? Sst or ko?

I don't know why quote doesn't work on tapatalk for me anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am running a 2001 4Runner with sliders and a Schrockworks front bumper that add a good bit of weight. This is my tire experience:

BFG KO2 - looked good, handled fine, threw every rock they could. I ended up taking them off after 10k miles for fear of my paint. I spent a lot of time on dirt/gravel roads in that time.

Hankook MTs - great tires of off road performance, decent road manners but they got loud on pavement, as they aged they got harder to balance. Still a favorite tire for aggressive tires at the price point.

Hankook ATMs -great compromise tire for good pavement driving and solid off road use. I used these tires on a few off road trips that were iffy and they handled fine once aired down a little. They had good mileage life with close to 45k miles on them. I bought two sets of these tires; tough to beat at the price point.

Cooper ATPs - current set of tires that I have been on for roughly 8k miles now. I have used them for a few off road trips with impressive results, they have impressive pavement manners (my wife falls asleep anytime I drive more than 10 mins and these tires do not interrupt her sleep). This has been a heavy rain year for Texas and I am very happy with these tires performance in these rains. At this point I do plan to buy these tires again

I ran toyo open country’s on a few trucks after running duratracs and the open country’s did much better on rocks and snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nrh6.7

WKR
SB555, the KO2s were not impressive on tread wear. Probably shouldn't have bought the second set but sometimes I learn slowly. I debated hard between the Cooper Maxx and Stt Pro and landed on the Pro's. After the KO2 I wanted something that I knew would work in the mud. Have heard the Maxx is also a great tire.

Mosby

WKR
I normally buy Cooper 10 plys but my new Chevy Colorado came with Goodyear Duratrac's and I like them. Put 13,000 miles on them so far and they did well in mud and snow this year. Going to see how long they last. Didn't give me a reason to switch them out.

MtGomer

WKR
I got 68k out of Cooper ST max before replacing. I think I could have got 75 but winter was coming and they were on sale.
I’m at about 30k on my second set. They have been excellent.
The only leak I’ve ever gotten was when i drove through literally a highway of screws. Like 5k+ screws spilled and one of them ended up in my sidewall causing a slow leak.

Tod osier

WKR
Not happy with longevity of BFG KO2 tires. Looking for alternatives in a 10 ply that work well on trails, but don't wear so fast.

I'm on my first set of BFG KO2s oon my Tundra after several sets of KOs with great wear and performance on several trucks. Are guys having wear trouble on 1/2 tons or heavier trucks (I ask because I'm probably buying a 3/4 ton this year).

OP
silverbullet555
^^^^ I'm running a 3/4 ton. I first heard about the wear right after I bought this set. Didn't expect to see it so readily, but it was very apparent when I swapped them for my studded tires.

Many different opinions so far! In September I bought a set of Cooper at3 xlt's. They were expensive, but so far have done everything I ask. I'm surprised how quiet they are.

OP
silverbullet555
^^^^^ lots of variation, but mostly cooper and very few bfg.

KJH

WKR
I used to be a BFG KO2 guy for years, but was always unimpressed and finally tried something else... Then Toyos. Then Coopers. Now Goodyear Duratrack. Several sets of each on different trucks.

Duratracs are the best tire by a very large margin IMO. They wear much better, and they are amazing in snow and mud. I'm going to have every new truck I buy from now on outfitter with them at the dealership before I take delivery. I really feel there is a difference. My experience is that they are bulletproof.

KurtR

WKR
toyos on work trucks would never buy them. Hancooks were ok now have duratracs on my tundra on the second set and only tire i will ever buy for it.