What to build, volume/hunter?

I have a left hand savage 11 7mm-08 that Ive had since high school. I have thousands of rounds through it and Im ready to build it into something else. This means quality barrel and stock. I have a 300 yard range in my backyard and I can shoot out to 750 here if I want so I shoot a lot. This could also be a whitetail rifle. So what caliber/stock would you go with? Ive narrowed it down to 7-08, 260ai, 243ai, NO 6.5 creedmoors. Help me build a rifle.

Do you have reloading equipment for the 7-08? Are you looking to go light weight? Or does weight not matter?

Boyed's make's a lot of different options for a good price. Not sure if they do a left hand one though.

OP
lyle_destroys
Do you have reloading equipment for the 7-08? Are you looking to go light weight? Or does weight not matter?

Boyed's make's a lot of different options for a good price. Not sure if they do a left hand one though.
Ya just basic rcbs dies, lots of bullets but most of them a guy gave me, they are old heavier low BC flat base bullets. I have an assortment of brass but if I were doing a build I would go to lapua brass for it.

OP
lyle_destroys
Just for whitetail or for bigger game also? 6.5 PRC? 260AI and 7mm-08 are both very good caliber's.
I have a 300wsm for the big stuff. Is 6.5prc short or lobg action? This is a SA rifle. Ive been very hapoy with killing power of the 7mm-08 but im just looking to do something different.

If ur literally just shooting Little itty bitty 250lb and less white tails at less then 5-600 yards I'd build a 6mmbr and use aics mags with primal internals.

Tons of cheap good bullets.. ~30grains powder.. lapua brass.

Although 7mm-08 with 162gr Eld's is a nice crossroad of barrel life, lapua brass, downrange thump and cheapness to reload..

Not a huge fan of savages as a whole but being able to spin on a barrel in your garage and the plethora of cheap eBay takeoff barrels sure has an appeal.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Can you hunt big game with a .22 centerfire where you hunt? If so, the 88 eldm out of a 22 Creedmoor would check all of the boxes.

OP
lyle_destroys
If ur literally just shooting Little itty bitty 250lb and less white tails at less then 5-600 yards I'd build a 6mmbr and use aics mags with primal internals.

Tons of cheap good bullets.. ~30grains powder.. lapua brass.

Although 7mm-08 with 162gr Eld's is a nice crossroad of barrel life, lapua brass, downrange thump and cheapness to reload..

Not a huge fan of savages as a whole but being able to spin on a barrel in your garage and the plethora of cheap eBay takeoff barrels sure has an appeal.
What about any of the improved 6mmbr's? Like a dasher or something?

OP
lyle_destroys
Can you hunt big game with a .22 centerfire where you hunt? If so, the 88 eldm out of a 22 Creedmoor would check all of the boxes.
I already have a 22-250 that shoots 69gr tmk's great, I doubt it would stabilize an 88gr bullet though. Im trying not to be repetative here, I already have .224, .257, .284, .308, .321 cal rifles. Gota split those numbers with a .243 or .264!

OP
lyle_destroys
And lets say I do stick with 7mm-08, planning on shooting 150gr or 162gr eldx. What length and rate of twist? 24" too short to get all the velocity? And how about 1:9"?

And lets say I do stick with 7mm-08, planning on shooting 150gr or 162gr eldx. What length and rate of twist? 24" too short to get all the velocity? And how about 1:9"?

1:9 twist would be fine. You could even shoot the heavy bullets then if you wanted. As for barrel length. Thats something you will have to decide. If it were me I would go 26" or more. BUT you have to know what you want.