What to do for a nest?

edg1967

WKR
I feel very lucky that I found a used Kifaru 4-man that I'm going to be trying for the first time this year, but would like some sleeping options. When packing in with a partner we may just take our bivy sacks if need be, but I'm looking for a nest to use when I'm in Minnesota in the summer. The Tipi has the mosquito net option already, but I'm looking for a little extra protection particularly if I go to the BWCA or camping close to the truck when weight is not as much of an issue. I would like something a little less confining than the bivy. I've been looking at Seek Outside and also Bearpaw. Does anyone have experience or recommendations regarding either of these nests or others similar?

Ray

WKR
I have a bearpaw nest for my SL-5. It's well made. Mine was ordered with the higher sides on the floor to help with wet conditions.

OP
E

edg1967

WKR
I have been looking at these quite a bit & kind of like all the options. I just have to decide which will work best in a tipi. It looks like if you get one with the higher sylnylon sides you would have the benefits of a double wall tent & tipi with a stove in one package.

swat8888

WKR
I think the Moffats have had success with the bearpaw as well. That's the route I'm going to go with my SL 5 should I ever want some more freedom to move around than my bivy.