What to do if I can't try on a pack

scalxndr

FNG
I am in the market for a new backpack. Any suggestions if I can't get to a place to try one on, err Denver? Considering Stone Glacier and Kifaru.

Gnatboy911

Lil-Rokslider
I just read a crap ton of reviews and hoped for the best. I went with Stone Glacier. I got a sky 5900 with an X-Curve frame. I'm really happy with my purchase. I didn't try on any packs at all. I live in western CO and didn't have anywhere within reason to go try them on.

Do you live in Denver? I think 1Shot Gear has a shop in Denver and they sell SG packs.

OP
S

scalxndr

FNG
Thanks. Up in Northern MT. 5 hrs to Bozeman, flight to Denver to try on.

Buy used. If you don’t like it you can likely flip it for what you paid and only be out shipping. Took a bath of my first pack, an Exoi bought brand new. Picked up a used Kifaru and haven’t looked back.

Most have a return policy. Exo, Kifaru, Hill People Gear, Seek Outside. You can return them as long as they are still in like new shape.

The return shipping can add up, but you will know which one you actually prefer and what fits you the best.

Vandy321

WKR
30 days to return your SG in like new/resealable condition. Full refund, you just cover return shipping.

*zap*

WKR
post your location and maybe someone close to you will let you try theirs.

otherwise figure out your waist size and torso length and order one, try it out. return within 30 days if it is not for you. Really only need to try the frame.....

Good idea to maybe find someone in your area that will let you take their pad for a spin.

fitting a pack is good but you really aren’t going to know for sure until you hae spent some miles under it with a load. With those brands you have a pretty good chance of success.

Spence14

WKR
I'd have to say that Kifaru's measurement system is pretty dialed in. I'm a tall guy with a longer torso than most. I usually have trouble getting tops that fit. I gave Kifaru all of my measurements and my frame/pack came in the mail with no adjustments needed. I can't speak to SG because I haven't owned their packs, but as others have stated, both have a good return policy so not a lot of risk in giving them a shot. I have done it with camo companies, I order 3 or 4 different tops, figure out the ones that fit, and send the rest back before the next credit card cycle.

OP
S

scalxndr

FNG
Thanks everyone. I will call customer service of each and work with them to find appropriate sizing, order and try on and keep the better fitting of the two.

Thanks everyone. I will call customer service of each and work with them to find appropriate sizing, order and try on and keep the better fitting of the two.
Can't help you with the two mentioned but if you come through Post Falls I have a few Kuiu packs you can try on and check out.

OP
S

scalxndr

FNG
looking for something I can take for 3-5 days at time. which model/size frame?

406unltd

WKR
Get one that can adjust load lifter height, shoulders straps, and has hip belt size options if you can’t narrow it down with what they have on their sight. Kifaru would fit the bill

skierhs

WKR
Idk what the frame is, maybe a duplex, I’ve had it for about 6 years. I currently have a hoodlum bag, mountain warrior bag, and a Stryker XL bag. I use the hoodlum and Stryker the most.

gtxjones

FNG
Being in the Southeast, this is something I deal with constantly. I just research the recommended items and break each one down by specs, price and everything else. Then when I make a choice, I make sure that they has a reputable refund policy before purchasing incase the product isn't what I was hoping.