What to do with a big set of whitetail antlers

Northpark

WKR
So I have these antlers I found. Wolf kill I think. What would you all do with them. Kinda thinking about trying to find a cape and attempting to do a shoulder mount myself, other options would be? The gross about 185”.81258085-CFE3-4944-9179-8E0791AB8525.jpeg
ABAA243B-74A6-4857-AB7F-A64BA9967010.jpeg

crich

WKR
Damn those are gnarley!!! Ive made a few of these with a few I didnt want to mount or do a European with.

We just moved so things are packed but heres an old crappy cell pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201121-200231_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201121-200231_Gallery.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 171
OP
Northpark

Northpark

WKR
Not a bad option. I might give something like that some thinking

You can get fake skulls, if you want to leave skull plate in tact that's an option, or the easier ones you just cut the antlers off and remount.

If you have trouble finding a cape let me know, I generally have a couple. A Virginia whitetail would make those things look huge, assuming you can get the pedicles wrapped.

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, that's quite the find!!
I haven't used it myself but you could check out the Skull Hooker Bone Bracket

chaza402

FNG
Make a nice set of rattlers- those things would sound great. And you’d look legit as hell packing those around!
Might bring in an ole sad daddy!

OP
Northpark

Northpark

WKR
You can get fake skulls, if you want to leave skull plate in tact that's an option, or the easier ones you just cut the antlers off and remount.

If you have trouble finding a cape let me know, I generally have a couple. A Virginia whitetail would make those things look huge, assuming you can get the pedicles wrapped.
I looked up the fake skulls that give the option to leave the plate intact. For some reason I like the idea of not breaking the plate. Could put it together with some habitat work and try to make it look like a deadhead.

Bighorner

WKR
Not looking for honeyholes...but what state? That seems like a hell of a deer for wolf county, or atleast to the wolf country I'm familiar with.

OP
Northpark

Northpark

WKR
Not looking for honeyholes...but what state? That seems like a hell of a deer for wolf county, or atleast to the wolf country I'm familiar with.
Honestly. Northern MN. Pretty close to the boundary waters wilderness. More like Canadian bucks there. There’s a lot of wolves in that country.

I m a taxidermist and I have a client that collects huge mule deer but loves European mounts and has me put the skull plate and horns intact back into a real skull none of his friends could tell

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
There’s so many wolves in mn right now it’s crazy. Can hardly find a deer track but fresh wolf sign daily in our area.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I would just throw them on the pile with the rest of the antlers I find that I didn't kill. I am not into showing off racks of deer I did not tag, but will not pass one by while out for a walk unless it stinks.

PADave

FNG
Very impressive! Find a wolf skull and maybe Euro mount them together in a horizontal presentation?