What to do with over pressure rounds

You will lose your powder charge with an inertia puller.

Get a collet puller and life will be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I use the inertia type puller it has a foam rubber disc in the bottom, if you are concerned about this just cut another foam rubber disc the size to fit in the bottom of the puller. never had a problem with the bullet tip deforming, and the powder charge is contained in the part where the round goes into the device. You just to be careful to catch the bullet as it is dumped out of the case.

Ikmclean

Lil-Rokslider
I use the inertia type puller it has a foam rubber disc in the bottom, if you are concerned about this just cut another foam rubber disc the size to fit in the bottom of the puller. never had a problem with the bullet tip deforming, and the powder charge is contained in the part where the round goes into the device. You just to be careful to catch the bullet as it is dumped out of the case.
I have had luck using ear plugs in the puller to help with tip deformation

BrianTom

FNG
I use the hornady collet bullet puller. It is a very simple operation once you figure it out the first time. I do not like the plastic hammer method. I did not have good success using it and mine is now collecting dust.

After I pull the bullets I then run the brass through an expander mandrel to fix any issues with the necks. If I were to skip this step I would use these pieces of brass for rounds used as sighters or barrel fouling rounds only.

Mlutz

Lil-Rokslider
I have no real data to back this up but when I seat bullets into cases that had previously been pulled the neck tension doesnt seem as consistent. I tend to set pulled bullets and casing to the side and use those for foulers or blow off rounds.