What to do

b1c2r3r4

FNG
When you shoot an elk and pack out a load what do you do when you go back for another load of meat and a bear has laid claim to it? I know if the bear is there you let him keep the meat unless you have a bear tag. What do you do if you don’t see the bear around but he has helped himself to some of the meat or buried the meat?

I know this question has probably been asked a lot but I need 8 more posts and 6 days before I can start buying gear from here.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You know, it was probably a year after I joined the site that I first used the Classifieds. For the life of me I can't figure out why there have been 100's of people that have come out of the woodwork recently to join the site "just so they can enter and use the mystical Classifieds". It's kind of mindboggling.

OP
B

b1c2r3r4

FNG
It is not just for the classifieds. You can read all about the animals of your choice, about gear, tactics etc. without anybody knowing you exist but you can’t buy, sell or post anything in the classifieds until you have 10 posts and 7 days after registration.

plus there is some really good deals on gear that a first time elk hunter would need or thinks they need.

You know, it was probably a year after I joined the site that I first used the Classifieds. For the life of me I can't figure out why there have been 100's of people that have come out of the woodwork recently to join the site "just so they can enter and use the mystical Classifieds". It's kind of mindboggling.

Haha and the classifieds here l have a lot of weak deals from what I’ve seen-I’ve only used this item for four years and I’m selling it for 10% off what I paid. A few good deals out there for sure.

OP
B

b1c2r3r4

FNG
Some good deals some not so good but the question about the bear is legit. This will be my first time going hunting in the mountains.

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
This is one of those ethical question, Mhh, I paid for the Elk and I will get my Elk even if I have to kill that bear.

Reactions: CMF
OP
B

b1c2r3r4

FNG
Sorry I was not trying to bring ethics into this post. I figured the states would have written laws about what to do and don’t do. But I agree mostly with your post RazAlGhoul unless it is a sow with cubs.

OP
B

b1c2r3r4

FNG
Then invite peta over and tell them they are meatless burgers from Burger King.

Last edited:
I know they are out there, but I have yet to come across a bear that doesn't fear me and run off at my aggressive approach. Of course my safety is off an my barrel is pointed at the bear. But I always watch for the bear to come back. But if a bear is around, I speed things up.

OP
B

b1c2r3r4

FNG
Thanks for the replies. We don’t have to worry about bears or wolves in Texas so I appreciate y’all’s answers.

tshunter

FNG
I think a lot of people are jumping here from the longrangehunting.com website. This is a much better website and has much better classified ads. Most of my friends have left there for here.

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
I think a lot of people are jumping here from the longrangehunting.com website. This is a much better website and has much better classified ads. Most of my friends have left there for here.
You just changed the topics Buddie but Yeah you are right. lol

Lots of threads / articles/ Youtube content about this subject for the looking..
For me it would depend on the situation but if there's a Grizzly in the equation he can have it... not worth dying over meat. Donate that one to the tax man & live to hunt again for many more years.

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
What is the worst case scenario, You shoot and kill the bear/grizzly. What happens ?

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
If it's a grizzly, and you can't prove it was attacking you, you'll face a stiff fine and/or jail time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk