What to use to sharpen broadheads

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
What have you guys used to get a good edge on your broadheads? I was trying to get a Rage Trypan sharp with one of those handheld things that you swipe over the blade and it did nothing. Is there a good tool or system for this, or just buy new heads?

sd375

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know much about Rage Trypans. But I’ve sharpened removeable fixed blade broadheads by grabbing the blade with a pliers and running it back and forth over a Work Sharp handheld sharpener. Someone’s probably got a handier way to do it, but it worked for me.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
For 2 / 4 blade replacement heads, i remove the blades and use a Lansky (not perfect, but works)

For 3 blade heads, replacement or not, i use a 4 sided block sharpener i picked up from Habor Freight for like $10.

I've had great results using the Stay Sharp tool from Innovative Outdoorsman. Not sure what they have that is compatible with your broadheads, but using the tool as designed with varying grits of sandpaper gets my Viper Tricks extremely sharp. And then I finish them on a leather strop, they're crazy sharp.