What tool do you use for primer pocket clean up?

Unfortunately, I still do it by hand, using RCBS primer pocket cutting tool. About one twist will do it. Can do 50 cases in less than 5 minutes. Been reloading a very long time, tried everything, its worth the effort to get primers seated correctly.

Pandesal

FNG
I am still doing it by hand but I might not be dealing with the same volume as you may. My friend recently got the Frankfort Arsenal prep system that has a primer pocket scraper as one of it’s functions, so that might be worth a look if you haven’t looked it over yet. Good luck in your search!

Hmr

Lil-Rokslider
RCBS case prep station does it all. Two deburring heads, cleans primer pocket, flash hole deburring tool, and brushes for inside necks. I’ll never go back to doing this Sequence manually.

OP
DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, prepped about 400 rounds today, hopefully its the last time I do it all by hand...…..and spend more time shooting!

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
On my fun gun I quit cleaning primer pockets. Have ran through the brass for 3 cycles and haven’t seen any change in ES or group size.

rayporter

WKR
primer pockets don't need cleaned every time. accuracy nuts frequently skip cleaning them. usually I punch out primers and seat new ones right away. I have a whitail engineering tool [ long discontinued] that fits in a drill that I hit pockets with every few dozen shots. I use the drill on the pockets before the first shot to make sure the pockets are all the same depth.

I shoot hundreds most week ends and I still do it by hand most times as you can inspect each case.

there are several others on the market besides rcbs that the guys seem to like. check out youtoob as I cant say which is better.

primer pockets don't need cleaned every time. accuracy nuts frequently skip cleaning them. usually I punch out primers and seat new ones right away. I have a whitail engineering tool [ long discontinued] that fits in a drill that I hit pockets with every few dozen shots. I use the drill on the pockets before the first shot to make sure the pockets are all the same depth.

I shoot hundreds most week ends and I still do it by hand most times as you can inspect each case.

there are several others on the market besides rcbs that the guys seem to like. check out youtoob as I cant say which is better.

I am interested in what that tool looks like. Would you mind sharing a picture of it?

nhyrum

Lil-Rokslider
I got the rcbs brushes that I Chuck in a drill. It still takes a while, but I'll grab a hand full of cases and hit them all, toss in the bin and grab a new handful, a little faster than holding one at a time

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
x2 in the wet tumble method. I use stainless chips, instead of pins, they are even more efficient at cleaning out the primer pockets, and I've never had one stuck in a case.

dazz397

FNG
I use a frankford arsenal wet tumbler or my Lyman case prep center that comes with a primer pocket cleaner bit.

I have the RCBS prep station but haven't used it in years to clean primer pockets. I don't bother to clean them beyond having primers decapped before cleaning brass.

Youngbuck86

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Lyman case prep express. It has a pocket cleaner, inside chamfer, outside chamfer, and I have the Lee threaded brass cutter that uses the Lee brass trim gauges. The system works very well. I no longer dread brass prep. Here's a pic. I don't have the cartridge specific die in the brass cutting head for those familiar with the Lee style.

Attachments

• IMG_20191118_045838.jpg
    IMG_20191118_045838.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 30

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
RCBS case prep station does it all. Two deburring heads, cleans primer pocket, flash hole deburring tool, and brushes for inside necks. I’ll never go back to doing this Sequence manually.

This ^^^^^

doc88

FNG

I chuck this in a drill and go to it.