What treestands

I ran a Lone Wolf Alpha tech and a set of API stick last season, not as compact as a traditional LW setup, but was less expensive.

Hoytman

FNG
Although over the years I’ve gathered many different ones I have got to where I mainly have the Milleniums. The m-25s. Good stand that doesn’t break the bank. I like the Millenium style seats. What’s everyone else running out here in whitetail land?
The older I get I care less about breaking bank and more about not breaking the back.

280aiWyHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I have used a climbing stand for a long time and have had some very cheap clunky ones and a few years ago I upgraded to a middle of the road summit. Huge upgraded I'm my opinion and just last year I wanted to try out the hang ons with sticks so I got a xop stand and stick and it took me a few time to get used to it and still improving on my system but I can say the I do prefer the xop hang on now over any climber I've had. In my case the system is lighter and can be customized better to your wants and needs.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
I use Summit for climbers and Lone Wolf for hang ons and have had both for years and haven't had one complaint yet

I have carried hauled climbers for years. I tried the lock on/hang on stands and never found one I liked. I picked up an Aero hunter kestrel tree saddle for this year. I am perfecting the one stick climbing method. Right now, I can get 20 ft and be completely set up in 10 min. More practice will reduce time. One lone wolf stick and my saddle weighs only 7lbs. Saddles fits inside my pack. Game changer for me.

Bmanges

FNG
Mostly use my summit viper, did purchase a lone wolf alpha 2 last year and used that a few times as well.

I have 3 Lone Wolf Alphas, and l8ke them a lot, although as I get up in age I really only use them to sneak into locations I haven’t preplanned and hung a Millennium chain or put up a semi permanent ladder.

Maybe the coolest, most unusual stand I have is one of the old carbon fiber Ole Man climbers. It’s the lightest thing I ever toted into the woods, just like a regular metal OM with the ‘mesh sack’ seat, etc but all the main parts are carbon fiber. I understand the idea fell through after the cost/price arithmetic never got better than ruinous. I don’t hunt out of it much, it’s probably 30 years old (I have replaced most of the non-carbon parts at least once) but it’s very cool, old school and a blast from the past I take out every now and then.

Mcgradkw

FNG
Rivers Edge is the best I've used so far. The most important part is the full platform and fold up seat.

Have a Hawk set I place in a heavily hunted area. Keep a LW for run and gun. The rest are XOP vanish XTs.

Dazzler

WKR
I have the LW alpha tech as well. lots cheaper than their other stands and just as mobile. haven't been using it as much since i discovered a saddle.

Drenalin

WKR
I had a Summit Viper with a Hazmore seat for several years that was great. When it got stolen, I bought a Lone Wolf hand climber and then was gifted a Summit Goliath. I hate the seat on the Lone Wolf, but for portability and shorter sits it's tough to beat. I hate the seat on the Goliath too (there's too much of it and it's a little noisy), but that's easily fixed by replacing with another Hazmore. Had an Ole Man for about a month, but it had too many moving parts for me.

I've hunted out of some hang-on stands including Lone Wolf, Gorilla, and some no-name stuff off Craigslist. I haven't found one I really like, and since I have a lot of trees in my area suitable for climbers I've just stuck with them. Hunted out of Summit Solo ladder stands for two seasons. They were nice, but I hated being married to those spots so went back to the climbers.

RCL

WKR
Still using Loc On Windwalkers and Spirits.
Wish they still made them.

Reactions: FLS

TheGreek

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a lone wolf alpha hang on, lone wolf sticks and the stick quiver last year and couldn’t be happier using the set up for hang and hunts on public. I rigged the platform with Molle shoulder straps and waist belt for packing it in comfortably. I was afraid the thin seat wouldn’t be comfortable for more than a few hours, but I was able to do multiple all day sits last year during the rut.