What treestands

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
I like my X-stand ultralite climber. At 12lbs it comes with me all over during whitetail season.

For more permanent location I have found throwing up a 15’ lean to stand with 6’ climbing sticks with a Game Winner oversized lock-on strapped to tree. Comfortable, quite, secure. For the run n gun hunting i live by the Summit Viper. I’ve even found it useful to have to reposition on a different tree in the same spot I have the ladder set up on if the deer change how they move in and a good deer that I’m after is in the area. Game Winner sell for $89 during peak season and you can find them for $49 during offseason at Academy.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Lone Wolf Assault for short run and gun hunts, Summit Viper for all day hunts. Got a few odds an end hang on at the farm.

mag1

Lil-Rokslider
LW Alpha Assualt (06 model, back in 06) thats been mod'ed for a couple of things and LW sticks. Last year picked up a Saddle, which works well.

TreyPound

FNG
90% Of the time I am either in a blind or up against a tree. I prefer natural blinds and look out over the top of them unless its raining. This gives a much better view compared to looking out of a window. Treestands have their place though but like you I tend to get colder faster and I'm a little uneasy when the wind is blowing the tree around lol

BDK

FNG
have several cheap steel ones ive aquired over the years, last christmas i got a M150 monster and i cant wait to hunt out of it this year, but scared i wont be able to sit in my cheap ones after i use the millennium

magstar67

FNG
I have a LW hang on and sticks and several Summit climbers and ventured into saddle hunting last year. As far as tree stands I think the hang ons overall are your best bet for hunting in the Midwest for versatility but a good climber is more comfortable, climbers just limit you to tree selection.

Last year I exclusivity hunted out of my saddle and loved it but also hunted a lot just siting in the ground. On the ground really makes setting up easy and keeps it easy to move if you need to but you really have to be on your toes. I plan on more of it this year for run and gun public land hunting.

I really want to try saddle hunting. Would nice weight saving and better tree selection.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
I love my X stand. 12lbs comfortable seat and can hike a long way with it on my back. Only complaint is it can be a little harder to climb than the traditional climbers...

cnewso2

FNG
I like to bowhunt off the ground, usually either make a blind or still hunt my way in. If I'm stand hunting, I run an older lone wolf assault and beast sticks with an aider on the bottom two sticks. 18 lbs total weight and can get me to 24' if needed.