What tripod are you guys using with your btx?

truehaun

FNG
I’ve read a bunch of older post and I think I’d like to try the sirui va-5 head. What legs are you guys running with it? Would the T-024SK be steady enough with the 95? Starting out with just he Btx and 65 but eventually I’ll add the 95mm. Any other suggestions for head and legs? Currently I’ve got a summit ss-p that I’ll try out the btx65 on tomorrow when it gets here but I’ve heard it prob won’t be the best. I’d like to keep the tripod and head price under $500 and 4lbs.

The T024SKVA5 would be a good choice, even better is the new ST-124SKVA5. It's a little taller, more robust and has spike under the rubber feet. Plus the twist locks are weatherproof.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. Both are well under your price range, especially with the b15% off we are doing thru 9/30 and the rebate that Sirui is doing

Joel
516-217-1000

Take a look at Two Vets Sporting Goods. I'm thinking The Ruck might be a good fit for you. I have their No Name and No Name Junior tripods and really like them both. The No Name is the one I shoot off of in long range competitions, and the Junior is my general glassing and rimfire one.

I have their 44 mm ball head on the Junior, which would easily handle your BTX setup.

I know several guides that run Manfrotto 290Xtra carbon fiber tripods. Not sexy but works like a charm.

I know when I’m running my STX95 I use my Manfrotto 290 Xtra.

My Slik 625 is usable, but not terribly stable, when using my STX 65.

OP
T

truehaun

FNG
The T024SKVA5 would be a good choice, even better is the new ST-124SKVA5. It's a little taller, more robust and has spike under the rubber feet. Plus the twist locks are weatherproof.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. Both are well under your price range, especially with the b15% off we are doing thru 9/30 and the rebate that Sirui is doing

Joel
516-217-1000
Thanks! Just ordered using the code TS21. What am I supposed to do to get the rebate?

Last edited: