What tripod are you using?

netman

WKR
What tripod are you using? Why? I recently used my buddy’s tripod and it was really nice. Two Vets is the brand.
I’m looking for a tripod to mount my AR on while calling.
I’m also not looking to spend a fortune.
Thanks in advance

AKG

FNG
I have used a bog pod tripod with the standard y rest for a number of years and like them for calling. This year I switched from the old twist lock legs to a cam lock legs version they have. The twist locks were sometimes a pain to lock in place.

For night calling while standing I use a shadow tech tripod and hog saddle. This allows for clamping my rifle in place and hands free use which is nice sometimes.

With the ballhead, heavier tripod,and saddle it is a lot to carry around though, it is much more robust than the bog pod.

david s

FNG
I use the Bog Pod tri pod for gopher/PD while sitting in a camp stool. The factory V rest worked alright but I took a piece of aluminum 1/4" x 3"x 6" added a center post and mounted a Protektor Sausage sand bag to the aluminum plate. This works better for myself.

Geedubya

Lil-Rokslider
Depends,

I've used both bi-pods and tri-pods. I prefer tripods as I'm not the best shot and it seem to me one can get a more steady rest using a tripod.

I've tried the trigger sticks, but they seem to go south on me rather quickly.

vockLbV.jpg

The bog pod tri-pod with the "Y" yoke works well, both standing and sitting where quick set-up and a range of motion is desired.

If I'm set up where I am watching a decoy or a food/water source I typically use the Bog Pod Death Grip. It gives one a very stable platform from which to shoot. The downside is weight and the time to set it up.

RtTGyI8.png

ya!

GWB

Two vets, feisol, patriot valley if you're looking for something sturdy but not RRS prices.

BadDogPSD

WKR
I'm curious how the Rocky Mountain Tactical Supports tripod turned out. Not inexpensive, but not RRS prices either. Read some good stuff on the Hide recently...

Themic86

Lil-Rokslider
I use a big pod with rifle holder if in a blind or the Y when walking. Only thing I don’t like is fighting to get it level. Need one with the quick release legs for faster adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smid

WKR
I use an RRS TVC-33. I like it because the legs don’t cross in on themselves when closing like the tripods with a bowl do. Rock solid and USA made but also comes with the price. My buddy has two vets no name which is half the price and about 90% of the performance. I had a two vets QDT and sold it due to the massive size. I think their recon and 40 Mike Mike are a little heavy for my taste. I use a RRS leveling base with it

Attachments

• 8CF3F558-91FC-4D90-BCF4-C47150C2FB84.jpeg
    8CF3F558-91FC-4D90-BCF4-C47150C2FB84.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 22
I picked up an aluminum Sirui N-2004SK N-S Series Tripod last year on close out for ~$110. Only rated for ~33 lbs, but works well for what I need. I would want to shoot off of the more expensive/heavier rated ones, before I spent that much money!

I use a davros system in a trigger stick tripod and bipod.. really like it for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a wooden Ries tripod with Markins head and an Arca Swiss adapter mounted to the rail.

Attachments

• 00EA6020-37DA-46C5-A208-D98D1608C03A.jpeg
    00EA6020-37DA-46C5-A208-D98D1608C03A.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 6