What tripod could stand in for SLIK 624 CFL?

DB Cooper

Lil-Rokslider
I really wanted a SLIK 624 CFL (lever locks vs twist locks). A friend has this tripod and it is great! The problem; SLIK doesn't make this anymore and I can't find one for sale used...……...

Someone recommended a Manfrotto 290 xtra CF as a replacement, but the Manfrotto weighs 4.4 lbs vs the 2.2 of the SLIK, it doesn't seem like they're comparing apples to apples...…….

Can I get some suggestions on:
1) Possible replacement options
2) The contact info to a guy selling this tripod? (I will make a quick post in classifieds once I hear some feedback on here)

Thank you

Youngbuck86

Lil-Rokslider
I have a slik 634 with twist locks, my buddy has a heavier lever lock version. The twist locks have their issues, but the lever locks to do. I've use some gitzo tripods and they were very nice, but spendy.

The old series was all recently replaced . The new models start with CF before the #, old had them after the #.
Biggest change was improved twist locks. There were issues with the older models. The 624 was not that popular and that's why it was not included with the new line.
The CF634 is a great option, as is the Promaster X-CM525 and the Sirui T024SKVA5. Through Christmas we have the Sirui on special for members here for only $249.99, reduced from $299.90. Just call us at 516-217-1000. As always we will do something on any tripod and more. Just mention Rokslide.

We look forward to answering any questions you may have

Joel
516-217-1000

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
You obviously have experience with the 624 with your buddy having one but I’ll relate mine anyway. I’ve run the 624 for the last several years but will be getting rid of mine for the 634 instead. It gets old not being able to stand up behind your tripod and having to sit down every time. Especially in the snow

OP
DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, always great info on here. Been just reading posts for a long time, its a lot more fun to interact with everybody on here. Thanks again