what tripod head?

warrbuk

WKR
I need a better head for a BTX/95mm combo.
weight is not a big issue as its on CF934 legs.

What head is smooth

BBob

WKR
Outdoorsman’s Fluid Head is far better for big glass than the VA-5. VA works but the Fluid Head is much better. I have and use both and if weight isn’t an issue I’d use the OD Fluid over the VA every time.

Another that works well for a lower cost is a Manfrotto MVH500AH Fluid Head. It isn't ARCA but if converted with a Kirk ARCA kit it is and makes for a really nice setup.

Last edited:

amack26

Lil-Rokslider
Sirui VH-10 Will give you the smoothness of the VA-5 and will support up to 13.2lbs. It will give you most of the performance of the Outdoorsman Fluid Head at a fraction of the price. If price is not a factor Outdoorsman Fluid Head all day.

Vaultman

WKR
Outdoorsman’s Fluid Head is far better for big glass than the VA-5. VA works but the Fluid Head is much better. I have and use both and if weight isn’t an issue I’d use the OD Fluid over the VA every time.

Another that works well for a lower cost is a Manfrotto MVH500AH Fluid Head. It isn't ARCA but if converted with a Kirk ARCA kit it is and makes for a really nice setup.

I'll second the Outdoorsman's Fluid Head. I have one and love it. It is worth the weight penalty (But the wallet penalty wasn't fun).

OP
warrbuk

warrbuk

WKR
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am thinking the revic is the one