What type of gear do you have way too much of..and don't care?

Rake

FNG
I’m jacket/coat whore and foot wear as well. I have more jackets and coats than I could ever wear. I just ordered 2 more from OR last month. And shoes/boots.....it’s ridiculous. I have light weight trail runners all the way up to heavy duty Lowa and Crispi hunting boots......and many in between. As far as gym shoes, shit I have probably 15 pair right now. Some haven’t even been out of the box. Just got 2 more pair in the mail last night (sale at Left Lane Sports). Yeah, I’d say I have some issues. I think buying stuff temporarily fills a void I have in me. Never lasts though, thus the continued buying and searching for something new.

Me too! Not sure why I keep buying jackets that I never wear. Shoes, I'm worse then my wife, I have boots I've paid over 500 for, still in the box, never worn outside of trying them on in the store... I could outfit a fashion show at this point.

On top of the knives, guns and flashlights. LOL

I feel you on "filling the void" I think a large part of it is that I grew up super poor and was ashamed because of it, now I'm relatively successful so I think I buy things to compensate for being broke as a kid.

glass eye

FNG
Tents and sleeping bags. I've got single tents, 2 person , 3 person, 4 person. I've got for myself and my wife pairs of down sleeping bags -20*F, 0*, 20*, 40*.
A set up for Hawaii won't work for Alaska or NZ in winter, and vise versa.
20180503_055356.jpg20131030_140507 (2).jpg20140912_100113.jpgIMG_2108.JPGIMG_2142 (2).JPG

I feel you on "filling the void" I think a large part of it is that I grew up super poor and was ashamed because of it, now I'm relatively successful so I think I buy things to compensate for being broke as a kid.

I grew up the same way.....very poor and ashamed of myself because of what so many others had that I didn't. I think that is what has driven me to become what I am today and never settle.......for anything. As Ive gotten older, I don't see this as such a good thing the way I once did. Its cost me a lot, not just financially.

glass eye

FNG
I grew up the same way.....very poor and ashamed of myself because of what so many others had that I didn't. I think that is what has driven me to become what I am today and never settle.......for anything. As Ive gotten older, I don't see this as such a good thing the way I once did. Its cost me a lot, not just financially.

I grew up poor also. #7 of 8 kids. I'm 57 and still poor but I never let lack of money stop me. I learned how to embrace the suck as the soldiers say. I've traveled all over hunting diy on a shoestring, doing multiple times what most hunters consider a "once in a lifetime hunt".
I'm a bargain hunter and rarely buy gear new. The tents I pictured above were purchased at swap meets for next to nothing and all of them in new like condition. $2, $10, $15....I get free airfare to Alaska with miles, companion fare deals to Hawaii, RT air to NZ always under $1,000 and as low as $734.
Where there's a will there's a way.

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
Wool base layers, top quilts, backpacks. That’s the main 3 I have too many of.
Oh - add tarps to that list!

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Knives, sleeping bags, shelters, boot, optics's and guns (really can't ever have enough guns), I mostly bow hunt but only have one bow...strange how that can happen.

Shraggs

WKR
Recently got cool app for personal inventory with pics..,

my knife collection warranted a separate insurance rider. My wife is pretty pissed!

wool. All of it.

Cast iron

22 ammo

fishing poles. If you fish for steelhead, salmon, bass, walleye, bluegill, perch. Jigging, bobber, drifting, trolling. My rods, kids rods, guest rods. Omg Over 200

not telling about this new insurance rider...

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
I took a couple of new guys hiking once and outfitted them each with almost everything, packs, tents, pads, bags, cooking supplies, lights etc. I thought that was excessive...before I read this thread!

1000 decoys, 200 fishing rods, and $5,000 worth of unopened footwear puts things in perspective, thanks!

Knives, hats / beanies, camo jackets, packs, bivies / shelters, boots.........I need to start selling in the classifieds

22lr

WKR
Moving every 2-3 years has a way of making me thin my collection. If I have too much of something at this point its cold weather gear. A tour to Greenland and then to Alaska a few years later... I have totes of base layers, parkas and jackets that I will rarely wear but don't want to get rid of because it's so expensive to replace a good -60 degree parka... I just never plan on being in -60 weather ever again... But maybe someday I'll get my tour of Antarctica...

robtattoo

WKR
Arrow shafts. Well over 300 in various buckets, baskets & quivers.
Knives, flashlights & i'm sure I could survive with less guns, although i'm not going to....

kda082

WKR
How is nobody asking why its in a nightstand...
Lol, idk, she never looks in that drawer. It’s all sealed and packaged still. I can barely open it any more. Putting in fridge certainly wouldn’t fly.